website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Ngapeth was found positive to Coronavirus

I mean, like anyone I do hope they recover and such, but...karma's a bitch.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, earlier reports in other media (can't find it at the moment) said USA bought half a million swabs, not full test kits...

the article clearly says that they were full test kits (and the US Ambassador here confirmed that)...

moreover, the article also talks of the biggest field hospital in Europe and many more medical supplies which are stocked near the Aviano US Military Base that could be used also for the host Nation needs but they are "untouchable" despite the official agreement between USA and Italy (in this case, but I'm sure that they have similar situations also in Germany with all the US Bases located there)...

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

I just Googled his name and I see that he is a volleyball player. But I need you to explain this bit :p

let's say that he doesn't have a good reputation...on and off the playing court...

he was involved in many controversial cases wherever he has played (last notable misbehaviour, a few months ago he was charged for sexual harrassment in Brazil where he was playing the club world championships with his Russian team)...

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I just Googled his name and I see that he is a volleyball player. But I need you to explain this bit :p

Here are two quotes from last year to illustrate this does not seem like a guy one would really feel sorry for if he feels a bit sick. He is one of the Kings of All First Class Asshats.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So apparently European radio will make "You'll never walk alone" an anthem for the people of the health care working against corona.

At least 80 different radio broadcasters will play the song simultaneously at 8.45 CET

Very symbolic, but I like it.

27 minutes ago, Agger said:

So apparently European radio will make "You'll never walk alone" an anthem for the people of the health care working against corona.

At least 80 different radio broadcasters will play the song simultaneously at 8.45 CET

Very symbolic, but I like it.

The 3FM DJ who came up with the idea said he's already heard back from 160+ radio stations all over Europe now.

Finally something sort of ok coming out of 3FM for a change :p 

Edited by heywoodu

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The 3FM DJ who came up with the idea said he's already heard back from 160+ radio stations all over Europe now.

Finally something sort of ok coming out of 3FM for a change :p 

Damn. The Danish radio just said 80, but that is some hours ago.

But of course plenty of comments cannot look past that it's used by Liverpool, so plenty of hate as well. ;) 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the article clearly says that they were full test kits (and the US Ambassador here confirmed that)...

moreover, the article also talks of the biggest field hospital in Europe and many more medical supplies which are stocked near the Aviano US Military Base that could be used also for the host Nation needs but they are "untouchable" despite the official agreement between USA and Italy (in this case, but I'm sure that they have similar situations also in Germany with all the US Bases located there)...

The problem is not the kit, it can be easily produced. The problem is time and instruments for the test, I believe they use RT-PCR, which requires a lot. The kits for taking samples are cheap and easily produced. I just hope we have enough reactants for PCR, those are really expensive