website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I just can´t understand how can Italy have always every day so many new cases, I mean how is this even possible, is the virus in the air or what ? Aren´t the peoples isolated in their homes ?

Some factors people have mentioned here include a way above-average age, mishandling of mainly the first cases and a high number of smokers, although according to this list one wouldn't expect that to make such a difference compared with other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Edit: two of those factors are mentioned when talking about the high number of deaths (plus hospitals being simply overloaded), not specifically the number of cases

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Some factors people have mentioned here include a way above-average age, mishandling of mainly the first cases and a high number of smokers, although according to this list one wouldn't expect that to make such a difference compared with other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

yes, sure, but I meant how it can still always spread so fast and heavily ? Are peoples still not taking it seriously and trolls outside in the streets ?

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Coronavirus is also now capturing the whole of Italy, not just the North as in the early days.

And, yeah, apparently the virus can stay in the air for several hours (and for several days on surfaces).

Actually the South is still "safe", there aren't too much problems.

il y a 26 minutes, hckosice a dit :

I just can´t understand how can Italy have always every day so many new cases, I mean how is this even possible, is the virus in the air or what ? Aren´t the peoples isolated in their homes ?

That what worries me the most, the rate of daily new cases in Italy has been slighty on the rise for the last two days (from +13% to +15%). How is that possible ?

Could it simply be data fuckery ?