website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

So...you know. There's that.

2003487720.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Switzerland is starting to consider shutting down Netflix for now, because the networks are getting congested. Now we're starting to feel how it was during WW2 :hairpull: 

https://futurezone.at/netzpolitik/corona-krise-schweiz-ueberlegt-netflix-abzudrehen/400784333

it's a whole EU thing...

but they proposed not to shut them down, rather to limit the bandwidth to SD resolution (480p)...

I do really hope EU gets cancelled as soon as possible...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's a whole EU thing...

but they proposed not to shut them down, rather to limit the bandwidth to SD resolution (480p)...

I do really hope EU gets cancelled as soon as possible...

Yeah, I also hope they focus all power on cancelling the EU now so we can keep watching our HD Netflix shows. Gotta keep those priorities high.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I also hope they focus all power on cancelling the EU now so we can keep watching our HD Netflix shows. Gotta keep those priorities high.

of course it's not the true reason I'm not a EU fan...:evil:

that's just another example of what they focus on instead of what they should do...:whistle:

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For us, here in Western Europe, luckily it is. Not so much so for the most eastern half of the continent I'd assume..

But then you have Tour des Flanders, which didn't get cancelled even during the WW2, so in some respects it's even worse. :p

(and the fact that the Olympics will get cancelled/potponed for the first time since 1944)

#banbestmen

49 minut temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

In Caggiano, a small city between Salerno, supermarket and pharmacies are closed since today. For use this service people should call the Protezione Civile and fix an appointment

I have been for a while in Salerno in last summer :( 

2 hours ago, phelps said:

yeah, today's numbers are really scary (at least, yesterday we had more than double recovered people than deaths...today there are more deaths than recovered people)...

and as always, around half the infected and the deceased people are in Lombardy...

yesterday a military convoy was organized to move bodies from the Bergamo province to other places to be cremated, as there's no place anymore in the infrastructures of that province...:cry:

https://video.repubblica.it/dossier/coronavirus-wuhan-2020/coronavirus-l-esercito-trasporta-le-bare-di-bergamo-nelle-altre-regioni/356268/356835?ref=search

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/18/foto/bergamo_non_c_e_piu_posto_70_mezzi_militari_portano_le_salme_fuori_dalla_regione-251650969/1/?ref=RHPPTP-BH-I251519435-C12-P3-S2.3-T1#1

Edited by phelps

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

But then you have Tour des Flanders, which didn't get cancelled even during the WW2, so in some respects it's even worse. :p

(and the fact that the Olympics will get cancelled/potponed for the first time since 1944)

Probably mostly because it was more of a local thing, I guess the fighting was most intense in the periods outside it so it was ok to hold it :p 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Probably mostly because it was more of a local thing, I guess the fighting was most intense in the periods outside it so it was ok to hold it :p 

Plus, when you think about it, artillery craters are just bigger cobblestones :p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

+191 new cases here today, only 9 countries reported a higher number of new cases today than that. Worrying times. The Taoiseach (Prime Minister) said that we are expecting 15000 cases here in next 2 weeks. And we ordered 30,000 more test kits. The numbers beginning to look scary here.