website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

45 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Are there any reliable reports about possible consequences on respiratory system among recovered cases?

I saw something about lung capacity being reduced by 20%, but I don’t remember the source or where I saw it. I’d recommend doing your research.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First positive test in my community. My town, and our neighbor town, have a combined population of around 300,000 (so just smaller than Iceland). However, there is two suspected cases from a local high school (my sister’s in fact) that could foretell real harm for the community. High schools around here have about 2,000-3,000 students each, so that creates quite the testing pool (if either of those students test positive).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Agger said:

I've only seen a single comment about some small-scale testing in Hong Kong (I believe) where it was said that some showed 20-30 % decrease in lung capacity. But I think it would be too early to say anything certain. Could be short-term.

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I saw something about lung capacity being reduced by 20%, but I don’t remember the source or where I saw it. I’d recommend doing your research.

Well, then better to wait until something comes out. I do hope the virus doesn't leave any damage. 

Well, my father has started coughing, developed a “runny nose”, and is now taking Tylenol to cope with it. Hopefully it’s not Coronavirus, but we’re all fucked if it is. He’s not listened to our requests not to leave the house, he’s constantly going around the house doing chores and touching things, and he insists on being the one to prepare our food. He isn’t always able to comprehend the concept of the greater good. As a student of communications, I’d classify him as an ineffectual listener. That said, I can’t control his life, and I can only hope he’s not infected. This is a prime example of why I plan to live alone in a small apartment by myself :p (though I plan to adopt a kid under that plan...)

Edited by Olympian1010

65 cases (3 recovered, 2 deaths) in Argentina. All imported or closed to one of them. As far as I know we are not reporting how many tests are made, so these numbers should be higher. The borders are closed as well as schools and many activities. 

India 15  cases yesterday.....some significant growth in numbers but still second stage.......m( on. Mostly people coming from western Europe...... Just hoping we can keep it capped....... If India goes into stage 3 .....you can expect huge numbers...... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Well, then better to wait until something comes out. I do hope the virus doesn't leave any damage. 

I think there is no official conclusion yet. But during the interview Chinese doctors said, for mild-symptom patients, no damage would be left. For in-beds patients, the lung damage would be left depending on the severity and the treatment methods, varying from 0%-80% damage. Mostly just slight damage I hope.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, my father has started coughing, developed a “runny nose”, and is now taking Tylenol to cope with it. Hopefully it’s not Coronavirus, but we’re all fucked if it is. He’s not listened to our requests not to leave the house, he’s constantly going around the house doing chores and touching things, and he insists on being the one to prepare our food. He isn’t always able to comprehend the concept of the greater good. As a student of communications, I’d classify him as an ineffectual listener. That said, I can’t control his life, and I can only hope he’s infected. This is a prime example of why I plan to live alone in a small apartment by myself :p (though I plan to adopt a kid under that plan...)

Now that's a bit harsh :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Now that's a bit harsh :p 

Seems I’ve omitted a key word. Whoopsies :facepalm:

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Have there been many reports of looting in your countries yet, by the way? Not here yet, but if things are actually closed down more (like shops and such), I am 100% expecting shops to be broken into and looted by youth..

So @Olympian1010?

#banbestmen