website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

An initiative to support all doctors and nurses has been launched in Bulgaria today. Just at 9 pm, applause was launched from the terraces of apartments in the country in appreciation of the efforts of the medical staff

https://nova.bg/news/view/2020/03/15/281439/аплодисменти-за-българските-медици-отекнаха-в-цяла-софия-видео/?fbclid=IwAR2mPZc-Kge-PdkOupmYr7_beA9aAOB_IsHC2Vo5BRgXfEVCv32qVLIe0I4

Edited by Ros

38 minutes ago, Wumo said:

So yeah, since last night I have had fever, headache, soarness in my muscles and ligaments and a runny nose. I haven't had any respiratory issues. My symptoms are not that severe at the moment. I slept around 3 hours last night and today around noon I slept for 3 hours. According to our health authoritiesl I shouldn't call them unless my symptoms get more severe in the upcoming days or I get any respiratory issues. I hope I haven't caught covid-19... Nevertheless, at least for the next 14 days I'm in self-quarantine in my apartment. 

I do really hope it's just an occasional flu, but the authorities in your Country are playing with your life (even if you're young and strong it's not sure you're not going to face major issues if they don't start assisting you early enough)...:facepalm:

they should really make you a test...:wall:

:fingers: from the hottest area of the red zone of Italy...

11 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Most Chinese believe in the government. Because we can see the measures taken to contain the spread and effort made both by medics and government. It happened on us, not just reported by media. Most measures are very strict but effective in this special moment, like lockdown, mandatory quarantine and definitely no any forms of gathering. The cover-up at the very beginning is stupid, the shortage of medical resource of Wuhan at the early phase is troublesome and worrying, but the strong actions taken next proved working well. The virus is contained and most patients are already recovered. People outside Hubei province are back to normal life now. We experienced a silent February and everything paused for one and half month. But people think the sacrifice is worth it. 

All in all, people do not fear now and things back to normal gradually. People think government did wrong at the beginning but measures taken to contain it is very effective. Considering no one knows the degree of severity and infectivity at the beginning, people think government did a good job in general. 

One more thing, the reason why overseas Chinese flee back to China is that they think people overseas underrated the severity. The ignorance would lead to great outbreak later.

Sorry, but to me this also sounds very "fishy". Weren't there millions of people who fled the Hubei region before the lockdown and therefore could have spread the virus all over the country? In my opinion there is absolutely no way that the problem is "solved" and that China won't have the same problems again in a couple of weeks/months. In my opinion the chinese government just realized that they can't shut down the economy forever and therefore they just decided to let the virus run its natural course (which is what all other countries should do too in my opinion).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I don't get the point of closing the borders (between Germany and France/Switzerland/Austria for example), especially in countries that didn't even bother to quarantine people from China/Italy (initially). I think in many countries it is too late to stop the virus from spreading.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

We have 45 cases (at least till yesterday) and all of them are imported. But we are probably going on lockdown in the next days. It´s still summer here, so long term I don´t get how that will work.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I do really hope it's just an occasional flu, but the authorities in your Country are playing with your life (even if you're young and strong it's not sure you're not going to face major issues if they don't start assisting you early enough)...:facepalm:

they should really make you a test...:wall:

:fingers: from the hottest area of the red zone of Italy...

Sadly it's pretty much all hands on deck to prepare for what is coming. It's simply not set up to test every single person showing symptoms. Hard to say if that has been the right decision (or if it had even been possible in the situation to put up a major testing operation). It is a discussion happening as well to set up some tests to get a beter idea of how many are infected, but I feel unsure that will happen.

Fingers crossed that it's nothing bad, @Wumo

California Update courtesy of our Governor:

335 Cases total (14% increase since yesterday), only 8,000 tests have been carried out, many more to come

All people above the age of 65 must be left in home isolation

No one may visit nursing homes, unless its for end-of-life visitation

All bars, pubs, wineries will be closed

Restaurants will remain open, but the state government asks that they practice social distancing

The state is procuring hotels/motels for around 108,000 homeless people to use as shelters

80% of school districts are closed, those that remain open will be subject to special guidelines. The governor also admits that he’s worried for students with poor home situations, and that districts haven’t prepared for something like this.

When asked, like Trump was yesterday, if he takes responsibility for this state’s handling of the crisis, he said “I’m the Governor of the State of California. I take my responsibility seriously. As a leader in my respective role in the community, not just as Governor. We all have to hold ourselves to some individual account.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oslo University Hospital will be under pressure the next weeks as 1081 employees are quarantined due to eithe contact with an infected or after having been on vacation. 14 have tested positive.

No details though. The hospital has about 23.000 employees in total.