website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

That's it, almost everything in Poland will be closed since tomorrow, even churches...

Now I have free time from job as I work in shopping center and all shops except shops with food, banks and pharmacies will be closed.

We will also close all the borders, all people who return from any country must stay in home for two weeks quarantine. Prime Ministry decided also about travel ban until unknown time, also foreign people can't enter to Poland for at least two weeks...

Edited by rybak

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope it's one of the first two, but fear there's quite a chance it's the third option. How extensive a health system would you say Afghanistan has, for example (in terms of availability, professionalism and so on)?

to give you an answer, I refer to an interview I heard from one of Afghan top health officials. he was worried that people in Afghanistan don't take those advises seriously. that they are in big trouble but still nobody knows that. he said Iran has a "very very strong" health system and look how much trouble they have right now. if they consider our health system very very strong. you can imagine how good they are.

as far as I know so many people from Iraq and Afghanistan come to Iran for medical treatment. even though in this case I believe this is more about management rather than having very good doctors. but mismanagement in Afghanistan is pretty common. they are even worse than us.

I guess you guys don't follow the news (who does these days) but Afghanistan is deeply in trouble politically, two guys announced themselves president at the same day !! and the president "had" to sign an order releasing 5000 Taliban members (against people's wish) just because USA ordered them to do. right now Corona is not really their concern, and that's very dangerous.

6 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

Also all this cases are the tip of the iceberg as they only test people with fever > 38 degrees and that have been in contact with corona patients/corona countries (which is now all the countries), but that is also because they dont have enough tests to do it anyway.

Oh well, we're at the point where testing everyone just makes no sense anymore. Once it's clear it has 'settled' in a certain area, focus should go on treatment and stopping the spread, not on testing more and more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

but we expect the numbers to explode in the South of Italy in the next 10 days/2 weeks, as many of those who escaped from Lombardy when the first Red Zone measures were announced last week surely took the virus to their relatives' homes...

moreover, in many places in the South of Italy irresponsible behaviours like going to super-crowded beaches have been performed through the entire week...

maybe the situation is going to improve here in Lombardy, but it will take years to get the entire Country back on track...

the next couple of weeks will be really interesting...and not in a positive way...

Hopefully a large part may have respected auto isolation here and, even more hopefully, some of them had already been infected and developed immunity. Hopefully...

1 hour ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Is it bad that I want to give this post the laughing reaction? :mumble:

Nope.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Somehow my college is still open. I swear we’re going to be the last non-necessary thing open in the Western Hemisphere ?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Somehow my college is still open. I swear we’re going to be the last non-necessary thing open in the Western Hemisphere ?

About that, I don't mind cancelling in-person classes and moving it all online (I mean my last 2 years of college were all online classes), but do they have to tell students to move out of their dorms as quickly as possible without having a plan? Many students are scrambling to find other accommodations because of the recklessness behind that part of the decision

On a personal note, I've been out of college for 5 years now and I haven't heard from my alma mater as to whether they're moving their classes online