website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

+190 cases, +5 deaths, a rather big increase bringing the totals here to 804 (179 of whom work in healthcare) and 10 (all of whom had other health issues as well).

For the first time today, the train was notably more quiet. It may be due to it being Friday, which is not a day in which I usually take a train, but still.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Walt Disney World is closed here, for 2 weeks

A local art festival is postponing until 2021

And with my birthday coming up next Saturday, I was planning to go to Olive Garden (like we did last year) but I opted for a family-only pizza party instead. The Olive Garden thing can wait

3 hours ago, Bohemia said:

Do you remember when I said that in my country people weren't rushing to the supermarkets? Well it started today, since the President's speech last night :facepalm::facepalm:

Same, same :d Our syndicates said that we have supplies of food for 2 years already, not counting anything which will be made from now on. Yet people seem not to comprehend that...

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

+190 cases, +5 deaths, a rather big increase bringing the totals here to 804 (179 of whom work in healthcare) and 10 (all of whom had other health issues as well).

For the first time today, the train was notably more quiet. It may be due to it being Friday, which is not a day in which I usually take a train, but still.

Trains are definitely more quiet. I use to go on a packed train that was very much empty, and Bijlmer station (which usually is busy as hell) looked as if it was a sunday morning.

Lot's of people are working from home (I know for example Bol employees were ordered to work from home until the end of the month).

Also all this cases are the tip of the iceberg as they only test people with fever > 38 degrees and that have been in contact with corona patients/corona countries (which is now all the countries), but that is also because they dont have enough tests to do it anyway.

Just heard now as well that Netherlands is forbidding flights from China, South Korea, Iran and Italy.

And in the meantime the education minister came to say that "there is still no reason to close schools" :d

image.png

As for Portugal :wPOR:, they passed the 100 barrier today (112).

Government declared state of alert, and people seem to be more scared, which is good because it means they will behave with more responsibility.

Also my sister works as nurse in the biggest Lisbon hospital and say's that they are having infected people with problems that are not old at all (like 30s), which is a surprise as they thought it would affect only old people.