website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, dcro said:

How's the life going in Milan anyway these days?

Well, none of us is used to have our freedom limited, so it's pretty tough. I work with sports and everything is shut down. Bars and restaurants must be closed by 6pm. And theoretically you can't even go out (if not for an important reason, but nobody knows exactly what "important reason" means :lol:)

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

wait, what ? :lol:

Yeah I don't know man :lol: 

"You can kiss feet, bump elbows, whatever you want, just don't shake hands."

I've got a rather important interview Wednesday morning. Let's see if I'll make a good impression when I enter the room, take off my shoes and put my feet on the table for them to kiss 'because the prime minister said so'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Well, none of us is used to have our freedom limited, so it's pretty tough. I work with sports and everything is shut down. Bars and restaurants must be closed by 6pm. And theoretically you can't even go out (if not for an important reason, but nobody knows exactly what "important reason" means :lol:)

C'mon, you just need a declaration on a white paper :p

8 minutes ago, Sindo said:

On a Dutch forum there's been a little meme going around these days about Milan actually, with people saying stuff like "But in Milan everything is perfectly normal, children are playing on the streets and life is happy" since one person - who claimed he had a friend living there - said there was nothing going on there :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, dcro said:
"If people would just stay home, we could end this in two weeks."

This should have been done in January. Bang, Corona is dead, Olympics can be held!

Too bad it wouldn't have worked because humans are goddamn stubborn :yikes: 

At the end of today's press conference, in which the biggest announcement was "from now on there's no shaking hands in the Netherlands anymore" (left is the prime minister, right is the head of the 'health authority'):

Spoiler

5e668e64db8af-RutteHanden.gif

17 minutes ago, dcro said:
"If people would just stay home, we could end this in two weeks."

This should have been done in January. Bang, Corona is dead, Olympics can be held!

This why I think we should try for “max” transmission now. The more people get, and the quicker; the faster this problem goes away. We should absolutely protect at risk groups, but we just need to let this virus take its course at this point.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

This why I think we should try for “max” transmission now. The more people get, and the quicker; the faster this problem goes away. We should absolutely protect at risk groups, but we just need to let this virus take its course at this point.

Congratulations, you steal the 'Worst Idea of the Year' award right out of ISU's hands.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, it's a great idea if you want a total collapse of the heatly system.