website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Griff88

It's so nice to see players from other countries fighting for the medals in this sport.  Already two finals where no Chinese competitors are present, let's see what comes next.

By the way I'm rooting for V. Sindhu Pusarla of India to make it to the podium :cheer:

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

China is having a horrible games for their standards. It's official now.

Indeed 2 finals without chinese participation and the women's singles may end up the same (I don't think the men's singles will)

And it's really healthy for the sport. Especially considering that only a few years ago, several members on this site said that the sport should be dropped because it was 5 sure gold medals for China.

6 hours ago, Agger said:

Indeed 2 finals without chinese participation and the women's singles may end up the same (I don't think the men's singles will)

And it's really healthy for the sport. Especially considering that only a few years ago, several members on this site said that the sport should be dropped because it was 5 sure gold medals for China.

And table tennis needs to work hard to be as healthy in term of dominance as badminton :d

Boxing also need healthy judging but yeah that's different problem