website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

Ah, commercials :p 

Make the dances fit with the countries:

Dances: Foxtrot, lambada, tango

Countries: Argentina, USA, Brazil

What's another name for a hole-in-one in golf?

Grand slam, glory hole, ace

Some specific Dutch things as well, like who wrote the constitution.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, commercials :p 

Make the dances fit with the countries:

Dances: Foxtrot, lambada, tango

Countries: Argentina, USA, Brazil

Grand slam, glory hole, ace

Some specific Dutch things as well, like who wrote the constitution.

Dances: Foxtrot USA, lambada Brazil, tango Argentina

No idea, ace ?

N. America vs S. America (is Central America counted for South as well ?) Obviously I am going for South America

Just now, hckosice said:

Dances: Foxtrot USA, lambada Brazil, tango Argentina

No idea, ace ?

N. America vs S. America (is Central America counted for South as well ?) Obviously I am going for South America

Most people went for South America, but it's North, since Central is counted as North (they didn't mention that earlier of course :p )

Ace is correct, glory hole is a little different.... :lol: (I'd suggest not googling it when at work)

Dances are right :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Most people went for South America, but it's North, since Central is counted as North (they didn't mention that earlier of course :p )

Ace is correct, glory hole is a little different.... :lol: (I'd suggest not googling it when at work)

Dances are right :d 

That´s quite stupid, no ? :lol: this is like saying Slovakia is Eatern Europe aaargh...

You mean something like googling BBC ? :p

yaeh, that one was easy :)

I must say that, for me, this was one of the best contests so far.

It's true that this was probably the worst performance ever for a Portuguese song regarding classification/number of points, although i did not expect much more since one of the most attractive things i liked of the song was the lyrics, which obviously doesnt result well if you dont know portuguese haha

The truth is, as I always say every year, that part never matters that much to me as long as at least some of the people here enjoyed the portuguese song, which i think it happened for some :d

And the reason why this contest was one of the best for me was precisely that! By living abroad I hardly hear new portuguese songs, and thanks to TISC i managed to find about Barbara Tinoco of which i became a real fan, as I really like her songs! :d

So i guess the big discover of this year to me, besides the irish, swedish and chinese songs (which i loved), was.... the portuguese :lol:

Which of the following sports has an official underwater version?

Skiing

Hockey

Volleybal

Long jump

(long jump is no sport, but an event, and same can be said sort of about the generic 'skiing', but fine :p )

I knew that one :d 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which of the following sports has an official underwater version?

Skiing

Hockey

Volleybal

Long jump

(long jump is no sport, but an event, and same can be said sort of about the generic 'skiing', but fine :p )

I knew that one :d 

Hockey, of course ;)