website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

44 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Those like you who can find a hill near.

I have to ride a bike, take a bus or drive 6 km to the closest one.

Drive 6km to find a hill? What is this 'hill' thing you speak of?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Drive 6km to find a hill? What is this 'hill' thing you speak of?

It's actually an extinct volcano on the southwest edge of the Metropolitan Area, Cerro del Colli.

Spoiler

PDR_0020.JPG

I did social service in my last summer before graduating from college in the neighboorhoods on its slopes.

From my home to the top it's a 6km distance.

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Those like you who can find a hill near.

I have to ride a bike, take a bus or drive 6 km to the closest one.

I have a small hill (250/300ft elevation difference) about 2.5 miles away from me. It’s a local landmark, and I’ve run up and down it over 200 times. Besides that, my town is surrounded by foothills (and a 2/3 mountain ranges) in the north/south/east/southwest. The Tour of California used to go through those foothills on the way to Mt. Baldy. There’s a place where I run where there’s a bunch of 500/600m tall foothills to run all around on. I love hill running and exploring, so it’s perfect for me.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

It's actually an extinct volcano on the southwest edge of the Metropolitan Area, Cerro del Colli.

Reveal hidden contents

I did social service in my last summer before graduating from college in the neighboorhoods on its slopes.

From my home to the top it's a 6km distance.

That looks quite odd. As if the earth rises there. What a weird thing to see!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Team Challenge

Team Challenge was first introduced to the TISC program for the 10th edition Jubilee in 2018. It is a sideshow designed to bring users together, but also to add a whole new dynamic to already exciting Grand Final Saturdays. 5th edition of the Team Challenge will be held in Croatia next week.

Here you can find the all-time medal table for the teams. Interestingly, France is the only nation who has climbed the podium in every edition. In four Team Challenges, they have won one gold and three silver medals. Ireland, Lithuania, Tunisia and the United States have won three medals each. As of now, Tunisia is the only country with team medals of each color. Overall, 30 different nations have reached the team podium.

Croatia 2020 - Team Challenge Guidelines

Ten teams will participate. Nine of them will have four (4) members each, while one will have two (2) members. Participating nations got drawn to their respective teams during the Live Draw two weeks ago. The teams are as follows:

• Baška Moonwalkers - :ESP:TUN:NZL:SLO
  • Dobinj Winetasters - :MDA:GER:POR:GRE
  • Kraljevica Royals - :USA:SVK
  • Krk Capitals - :AUS:UKR:URU:BUL
  • Malinska Lifeguards - :LTU:CAN:MEX:IRI
  • Njivice Sailors - :IND:NOR:BRA:IRL
  • Omišalj Oilers - :INA:DEN:SWE:CRO
  • Punat Mariners - :SRB:HUN:POL:MLT
  • Šilo Shepherds - :KAZ:ROU:ITA:NED
  • Vrbnik Cliffdivers - :ISR:ARG:CHN:FRA

Team Challenge will be held in a relay format, with a different team member covering each of the four relay legs.

The relay legs will be as follows:

• Leg 1 - Morning Session (Votes 1 - 10)
  • Leg 2 - Early Afternoon Session (Votes 11 - 19)
  • Leg 3 - Late Afternoon Session (Votes 20 - 28)
  • Leg 4 - Evening Session (Votes 29 - 38)

Only the score of the team member taking part in that specific leg will count for the team score. Failure to obtain any points during a relay leg will result in the corresponding team receiving 20 negative points.

Running order for the relays will be as follows:

Relay

BAŠKA

MOONWALKERS

DOBRINJ

WINETASTERS

KRALJEVICA

ROYALS

KRK

CAPITALS

MALINSKA

LIFEGUARDS

NJIVICE

SAILORS

OMIŠALJ

OILERS

PUNAT

MARINERS

ŠILO

SHEPHERDS

VRBNIK

CLIFFDIVERS

Leg 1 :SLO 0 :GRE 0 :SVK 0 :BUL 0 :IRI 0 :IRL 0 :CRO 0 :MLT 0 :NED 0 :FRA 0
Leg 2 :NZL 0 :POR 0 :USA 0 :URU 0 :MEX 0 :BRA 0 :SWE 0 :POL 0 :ITA 0 :CHN 0
Leg 3 :TUN 0 :GER 0 :SVK 0 :UKR 0 :CAN 0 :NOR 0 :DEN 0 :HUN 0 :ROU 0 :ARG 0
Leg 4 :ESP 0 :MDA 0 :USA 0 :AUS 0 :LTU 0 :IND 0 :INA 0 :SRB 0 :KAZ 0 :ISR 0

Total

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Members of the Kraljevica Royals - :SVK:USA - will have a special opportunity of being able to run two legs each.

Team that collects the most points across the four relay legs will be crowned champion, while the rest will be ranked accordingly. If there is a tie between two or more teams once all four legs have been completed, the highest and lowest scoring members for each team will be discarded, and the scores of the two middle scoring team members will be used to determine the tie-break.

Two special awards will be presented:

• MVP Award - the individual nation who scored the most of their total points during their relay leg (in percentage)
  • Belgium Biathlon Award - the relay who lost the most places between the second exchange and the finish line

#banbestmen

That 'EE' makes it pretty hard to think of whatever it could be :lol: