website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Anyone have the bookmakers odds on this?

Also, what are the odds of Algeria doing something stupid during the grand final? Has the host jury increased security? 

Can't imagine TISC without the classic voting/points drama!

(also, somehow this reminds me of when Voldemort made his "surprising" return in the Harry Potter series :d)

Animated GIF

:JPN JAPAN :JPN 

Nai Br.XX & Celeina Ann "Message In The Wind"

This song is from an animated Japanese TV show "Carole & Tuesday" (also out on Netflix) created by one of the most famous studios in the industry Bones. The show is set years in future where humanity has colonised Mars and the music industry has transformed in which artificial intelligence is writing the songs and not the singers themselves. The story follows two girls that meet each other randomly and focuses on their journey in the music world, writing their own music. Recording studios, talent shows, video clip filming and all that good stuff, as an artist myself, I can say that I was really satisfied with the show's take on our industry (although some of the things are a bit outdated, it is still a good watch). Every episode showcases 1 or more songs and there were actually moments when I thought that I was watching a masterpiece. And yeah, this song carried me away from the very first listen.

Just going to add that the show released two full albums of music on Spotify when it was airing.

Edited by Werloc

That's not 1,5 meters man.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That Time When Lithuania Exchanged Points Left, Right and Center...

2015 Open was one of the most memorable editions of TISC. It was the last time to date that Ireland played host. It was the last edition held on the old forum. And it was the only time that Lithuania took victory, thanks to Song About Love, performed by Leon Somov & Jazzu. Song About Love, interestingly, to this day remains to be the only winning entry that had a perfect points distribution. In a nutshell, it means they received each possible points score during the Grand Final, from 1 through 12.

However, one thing that always gets overlooked from the said edition are the Lithuanian jury votes. They were as follows...

12 points - :AUS Australia

11 points - :MAR Morocco

10 points - :POR Portugal

9 points - :USA United States

8 points - :GER Germany

7 points - :ESP Spain

6 points - :GBR Great Britain

5 points - :POL Poland

4 points - :NZL New Zealand

3 points - :SRB Serbia

2 points - :SVK Slovakia

1 point - :MLT Malta

Amazingly, it turns out that Lithuania exchanged points with all these nations. They received 12 points from Australia, 11 from Morocco, 10 from Portugal, 9 from the United States, 8 from Germany, 7 from Spain, 6 from Great Britain, 5 from Poland, 4 from New Zealand, 3 from Serbia, 2 from Slovakia and 1 from Malta!

It is unclear whether any of these nations received any kind of compensation for exchanging points with Lithuania. However, inside sources claim that the TISC president @OlympicIRL and his team are planning to launch an investigation into the matter, which could result in serious consequences.

More to follow.

Spoiler

Of course, these allegations have no basis in fact. Happy April fools everyone.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

That Time When Lithuania Exchanged Points Left, Right and Center...

It is unclear whether any of these nations received any kind of compensation for exchanging points with Lithuania. However, inside sources claim that the TISC president @OlympicIRL and his team are planning to launch an investigation into the matter, which could result in serious consequences.

More to follow.

Hide contents

Of course, these allegations have no basis in fact. Happy April fools everyone.

When I first read the headline, I thought this would somehow mention my Mr. Worldwide scoring from 2017 where I gave points to every single continent :lol:

So I finished preparing the Parade of Nations while listening to this song on a loop. Turned out to be quite a few more Lighthouses than expected, but alright. :p

Fun fact: It's the first time that we have 3 (!) nations beginning with U. Usually it's just one. :d

#banbestmen