website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

Most similar back-to-back votes in TISC history?

For our random fact of the day, we will try to find the most similar back-to-back votes in TISC history. Specifically, we are looking for the back-to-back votes which contained the highest number of shared nations between them. For this purpose, only the number of shared nations is considered, while their specific order on the voting template is irrelevant.

And the winners are? Well, it happened during the 2016 Annual held in Slovakia. France was scheduled to vote right after the lunch break (#19) and Ireland was ready to go just after (#20). While nobody noticed it at the time, it turns out that these juries had the most similar back-to-back votes in TISC history. They had a whopping 8 songs in common!

Their votes were as follows:

France - :ESP:NED:ITA:CHI:IRL:ALG:GBR:MLT:ROU:INA:LTU:POR

Ireland - :DEN:GBR:CHI:TUN:ITA:NED:ALG:MLT:SRB:LTU:INA:GRE

Nations that appeared on both sets are: Netherlands, Italy, Chile, Algeria, Great Britain, Malta, Indonesia and Lithuania.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, Agger said:

Good point. Love that one as well, but I still manage to find the gongong part hillarious.

Let's make it funniest music video :p

I love the part where Ian says:"You know I love all your music Jeff.... from Bucharest onwards" :d

42 minutes ago, dcro said:

Most similar back-to-back votes in TISC history?

And the winners are? Well, it happened during the 2016 Annual held in Slovakia. France was scheduled to vote right after the lunch break (#19) and Ireland was ready to go just after (#20). While nobody noticed it at the time, it turns out that these juries had the most similar back-to-back votes in TISC history. They had a whopping 8 songs in common!

So this means I am some weird hybrid mix of @Bohemia and @Benolympique, cool :d

1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Considering my and Ben's very different music tastes, that means you must definitely have an eclectic taste in music :p

I really do and I have always said this :d. If I enjoy listening to a song then it doesn't matter what genre it is from.