website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

So, to add to my proposition about Eurovision.

In 1st semifinal there are 12 countries with users, who are participating at our TISC 2020. (missing :BLR , :MKD , :AZE , :BEL and :CYP )

In 2nd semifinal there are only 7 countries with users, who are participating at TISC 2020. (missing :AUT , :CZE , :EST , :ISL , :SMR , :ALB , :ARM , :FIN , :GEO , :LAT and :SUI )

Those missing countries should be filled with users, coming from other non-competitive nations ( :USA , :MEX , :ARG ,...), countries decided either by a draw, or each one takes one by his/her choice.

Votes should be sent to certain user so, that not everyone would know the outcome of semis, but plan is to try and stay with current dates. (so 1st semi on 12th, 2nd semi on 14th and Final on 16th of May).

BTW, sorry to mention this in time of our very own contest, this is just a suggestion to be considered afterwards. 

TISC_Eurovision2020.xlsx

Edited by justony

Honestly I think it would be nicer if everyone who wants to vote can simply send their votes to someone, without any restrictions on which nation they're from :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly I think it would be nicer if everyone who wants to vote can simply send their votes to someone, without any restrictions on which nation they're from :p 

I thought it would be a bit more fair and also a bit more Eurovision - like. But this could also work, as long as you do not vote for your own country.

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I have a question. Do we actually need 21 day gap between draws and the finale, like cant it be 14 considering its a lockdown in Croatia and there is nothing much to do 

Turns out, yes. There is still plenty of work that needs to be done + I was given an assignment from my (hopefully) future employer that I should try to take a look at. :p

Also, one of the main reasons is that some less active jurors may already have April 11th in their calendars. It would be unfair to change it.

And finally, moving it would just mean we have nothing to do on April 11th instead of April 4th, so let's pace out our boredom. :whistle:

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Turns out, yes. There is still plenty of work that needs to be done + I was given an assignment from my (hopefully) future employer that I should try to take a look at. :p

Also, one of the main reasons is that some less active jurors may already have April 11th in their calendars. It would be unfair to change it.

And finally, moving it would just mean we have nothing to do on April 11th instead of April 4th, so let's pace out our boredom. :whistle:

Do they still make you work from home 

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yup, but the members from the same country would probably still have to have combined jury votes, because for example if there are four Italians voting that would mean there are 4 sets of votes in which Italy would get a 0

18 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I have a very good recollection of this edition as I was on hosting duties. I don't remember what else was going on in my life in 2015 though :d 

If either of you want to feel old, I was promoting from 8th grade to high school. I entered high school in August 2015 :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yup, but the members from the same country would probably still have to have combined jury votes, because for example if there are four Italians voting that would mean there are 4 sets of votes in which Italy would get a 0

I always thought multiplying would be weird and possibly fun. :d

All individual Italian votes get to count, but provided that single juries get their points quadrupled. Bang, we award 48 points to our favorites. :p

#banbestmen