website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

That is sad to hear. :(

Hopefully you will like some of the entries that the Danish Jury chooses for its top 12? :) 

I also hope this is not the first step for the Danish Jury to end up like "Alternativet"? :p

Don't start comparing me with Uffe Elbæk! :p

But I'm sure I will. May even make a top 12 at a later point if I get better time later to show you how it should be done ;) 

Well, my votes were finally sent. I was able to come to a place where I knew I wouldn't regret the end result.

It was honestly the most difficult TISC experience for me by a long mile. 

I was often thinking to myself that there are a lot of songs that are not getting enough points, but I had no place to move them up the order and it was an extremely frustrating experience, which I did not often have when ranking the songs before.

I'd say the top 6 could have easily stolen 12 points from me in some of the other contests, so knowing that one of those songs is there, sitting on only 7 points, feels like a stab in the back to the song :p

But you can only judge what is in front of you and the quality this year was the best there ever was and I'm extremely happy, because I got introduced to some gems and you're sure as hell going to get praise from me in the coming month when I will finally be able to post my votes, but for now my lips are sealed :d

Very happy that I could vent to @dcro on how the voting process has dragged me to hell and beyond this year and my Excel spreadsheet was an inconsistent trainwreck :d

The Danish Jury has sent its votes to the host. 

This year there was a clear number 1.

2-4 were also quickly decided.

5-9 switched places many times, but in the end the jury is satisfied how the final order was sorted.

10-12 + reserves. This was absolute the hardest part of the ranking process! Up 9 songs fought for the last spots! 

It is the overall impression of the Danish jury that this edition was one of the most difficult selection processes to this date. As many other users have already expressed, the musical quality of this edition is very high. 

Now the Danish jury will look forward to rest of this edition. Drink some good Croatian wine and loads of rakija. :d Živjeli, folks! :toast:

Just sent my votes! I'm a little bit frustrated because I really wanted to give points to my reserves but at the same time I didn't want to eliminate other songs. I also made some changes at the last minute after the 10th and final listen, boy that was hard this year :lol:  Some of the songs that I gave points to are "guilty pleasures", and my 12, 11 and 10-point songs are my big faves that I can't stop listening to! Thank you to all the countries of this edition for those great choices, this is already one of the best TISC's ever!

Thanks. And screw everyone who says their too busy to listen this weekend because the entire world is cancelled so nobody's got shit to do.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!