website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

Finally the time has come for the hosts to put forward their entry. This has been the longest deliberation for our jury yet. For a while we were even worried about missing the deadline. :p

Initially we thought about having Zsa Zsa three-peat, but in the end we went for something quite different for this special ocassion. We chose Matija Cvek, who will perform "Nasloni se" ("Lean on"), together with our jazz protege Matija Dedić. Hope you enjoy our entry.

:CRO Croatia :CRO

Matija Cvek ft. Matija Dedić - Nasloni se

Lyrics (in Croatian)

Spoiler

Nasloni se

Sanjala je bijeg

Čekala je znak

Isprala je ruke u suzama

Iz navike tonula u mrak

Prošlost ispod modrica sakriva

I uspomene tamno plave boje

Sjaj u oku tugu ne osporava,

Al' uspravno sve podnosi kroz dane

Ma pusti neka izgori svijet

Nasloni se, ne propuštaj let

Dopusti mi da izbrojim s tobom

Nove bore

Na ramenu mom pronađi spas

Pretvori malo sebe u nas

Upali novo svjetlo u noći

Sve će proći

Prošlost ispod modrica sakriva

I uspomene tamno plave boje

Mekim dlanom lice joj milujem

Nek' vjeruje da sve će biti bolje

Ma pusti neka izgori svijet

Nasloni se, ne propuštaj let

Dopusti mi da izbrojim s tobom

Nove bore

Na ramenu mom pronađi spas

Pretvori malo sebe u nas

Upali novo svjetlo u noći

Sve će proći

Nasloni se...

Lyrics (in English)

Spoiler

Lean on

She dreamt of escape

She waited for the sign

She rinsed her hands in tears

She drowned into darkness from habit

She hides the past beneath bruises

And memories coloured in dark blue

Glow in the eye dose not deny sadness

But it stands tall while taking all in through the days

Just let the world burn down

Lean on, don't miss out on the flight

Let me count with you

New wrinkles

Find salvation on my shoulder

Turn a bit of you into us

Turn on a new light in the night

All will pass

She hides the past beneath bruises

And memories coloured in dark blue

I touch her face with a soft palm

Let her believe everything will be better

Just let the world burn down

Lean on, don't miss out on the flight

Let me count with you

New wrinkles

Find salvation on my shoulder

Turn a bit of you into us

Turn on a new light in the night

All will pass

Lean on...

#banbestmen

Choosing for the Annual is always so hard :lol: Mostly because of a lack of options, but I'll find something :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:ARGArgentina :ARG

Ivan Noble - Para Qué Sufrir

¿Para qué sufrir si no hace falta?
                                                                                                                                                 ¿Para qué ser fríos si el mundo nos hace sentir en casa?
                                                                                                                                                                      ¿Para qué dejar que todo muera?
                                                                                                                                                         Si aquéllo entre tú y yo nos hizo ver tan bello todo
                                                                                                                                                           Nunca imaginé que me casaría así, sin papeles
                                                                                                                                             Nunca imaginé que después de un tiempo acabaría sin paredes
                                                                                                                                                         La casa que vimos nacer, los peces que dijeron adiós
                                                                                                                                       Las noches llenas de comer, grabando esas canciones hasta el amanecer
                                                                                                                                                                        ¿Para qué sufrir si no hace falta?
                                                                                                                                                                ¿Para qué tirar nuestras cartas y fotografías?
                                                                                                                                                          ¿Para qué olvidar que antes de todos nuestros besos
                                                                                                                                                    Fuimos como hermanos, fuimos como amigos con derechos?
                                                                                                                                                                  Nunca imaginé que me casaría así, sin papeles
                                                                                                                                                           Nunca supe cómo hacer que fueras más feliz, te lo juro
                                                                                                                                                                Tenías que buscarte tú, tenía que salvarme yo
                                                                                                                                                                                Teníamos que dejarlo

:SVK  SLOVAKIA ENTRY  :SVK

LUKÁŠ ADAMEC - TANCUJ MI ! (Dance to me)

LYRICS

Spoiler

:SVK

Krásna a neznáma
Zviera a v nej dáma
Vábiš ma krivkami
Súboj je pred nami

Vôkol už zastal čas
Túžim byť dnes víťaz
Do noci vyhrávať
Do rána sa vnárať

Tak poď a tancuj, spievaj, hraj