website statistics

Archery at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Dolby

Actually a pretty good draw for Unruh. She will probably have to beat Brito, Bayardo and Dashidorzhieva to reach the semifinal. I think the bottom half is much more competitive with the two korean girls. Brown, Roman, Wu, Boari and Kawanaka will probably need to beat at least one of the korean girls if they want to have a shot at a medal/reach the semifinal. I think the second quarter is clearly the easiest, with no korean girl.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

55 minutes ago, hckosice said:

over.

Pretty nice 22nd place for Alex and with a nice score 640. congrats :thumbup: so she will play her 1st round match on Monday 8th at 10:57 local (15:57 cest) against Laxmirani Majhi of India :)

Laxmirani Majhi is Semi-finalist from 2015 World Championship and part of Silver medal winning team in same tournament,... She performed very worst today ... We are hoping to see improve in her performance.

1 minute ago, Govind said:

Laxmirani Majhi is Semi-finalist from 2015 World Championship and part of Silver medal winning team in same tournament,... She performed very worst today ... We are hoping to see improve in her performance.

no doubts about. India is very strong in archery, for us it´s the first ever appearance at olympics in this sport so we are just happy to be part of it, no matter of the result. really, our archers are enjoying everything around  :) Certainly it will very tough match for Alexandra, ofc I´ll cheer for our athlete, and hope an exciting and memorable match for her, but surely it will be a hard match.

let the best win :yes

Just now, hckosice said:

no doubts about. India is very strong in archery, for us it´s the first ever appearance at olympics in this sport so we are just happy to be part of it, no matter of the result. really, our archers are enjoying everything around  :) Certainly it will very tough match for Alexandra, ofc I´ll cheer for our athlete, and hope an exciting and memorable match for her, but surely it will be a hard match.

let the best win :yes

Spot on :d.. All the best for your athletic too..

9 minutes ago, Sports Lover said:

I would like to know what is the reason that competitors from :KOR are always so dominant in archery

Exact Reason don't know but Archery was one for Favorite Sport for Korea and It was introduce to Olympics in 1988 Seoul Olympics only.

There are saying in Korea that "Getting gold medal is easier in Archery for Koreans than getting into Olympic Squad". They have so strong team.

Infact we have to thankful to Korea , As India team started performing well after having the Korean Coach only