website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

brackets are up for the Greco-Roman competition, as expected the level isn't great but still I see some big names in South Korea and Kazakhstan squads. few more in other teams too,

as for Iran this is almost our best team in non-Olympic weights but of course I don't expect any of these guys (except one) to go to the Olympics. and it's kind of interesting, Iran won 11 gold medals in Asian Championships last year but none of these 11 guys are in the squad this year ! :yikes: actually nobody from last year 20-man team is here ! this is an entirely different team ! :facepalm:

it's also interesting to see world champion Kenichiro Fumita here !

Edited by MHSN

1st day finalists

55: :IRI Naserpour vs :UZB Ortikboev

63: :UZB Tasmuradov vs :KOR Song

77: :IRI Poshtam vs :KAZ Shadukayev

87: :IND Sunil vs :KGZ Salidinov

130: :IRI Mirzazadeh vs :KOR Kim

it was a good day for Iran until the last 30 minutes, Dalkhani was really disappointing in his semifinal against Tasmuradov. I was expecting much more from him but I saw one of the most disgusting things in 87kg semifinal. our wrestler Hedayat was leading 7-0 against Kyrgyz guy until last 6 seconds but all of a sudden he fell on the mat and got injured and told the ref no no I can't continue ! with only 6 seconds left ! :yikes: even the Kyrgyz guy was confused , it was like what the hell just happened, why I won ?!

and after the match the way he went down the stairs he was no way injured, this guy came out of nowhere this year beat everybody and made the national team, I didn't even heard his name until few months ago and today we found out the reason of his improvement ! to me this is obvious he didn't want to win a medal , why ? because he knows what's in his fucking body and tried to escape the anti doping test.

he beat world bronze medalist Assakalov in the first round, this is totally unfair for him. Assakalov somehow got robbed of a sure gold medal. damn I'm so angry :bones: to see some stupid cheaters like this guy. but I'm glad it happened here and not in Olympic qualifiers.

we still have 3 wrestlers in the final but I'm not sure if Nasserpour is capable of wrestling the last match, he was almost dead after the semifinal. he couldn't stand on his feet and simply collapsed after the final whistle. he really gave his everything to defend that super strong Indian guy who knew nothing about wrestling techniques but was extremely strong. Nasserpour was down 7-1 at some point but came back magically to win it 8-7. our other guys Poshtam and Mirzazadeh will be favorites in the final but none of them impressed me. they are both #3 in Iran and even winning gold in Asia doesn't change that.

all finals were one-sided today, 4 of them ended up with technical superiority ! Iran won 2 golds, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and India won one gold each.

Iraq and Tajikistan will also bring back home a bronze medal but not because they are improved ! but because they were lucky with the draw. Iraqi guy had to beat Jordan for the bronze ! :facepalm: and the Tajik guy had to beat Kuwait ! :d

but the most funny things was 87kg podium with only 1 bronze medalist ! the Iranian guy Hedayat obviously didn't want to win any medal. but there was a little problem both other guys in the repechage didn't show up for the repechage match, I assume they were confused too they didn't notice the guy who beat them (from Kyrgyzstan) won his semifinal (despite being down 7-0 and only 6 seconds left) and I assume they already left the stadium. it was nobody to wrestle Hedayat for bronze therefore they didn't award that bronze medal. :facepalm:

2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze and 1 fake injury for Iran in the first day. both of those 2 defeats were really disappointing, they both lost by technical superiority ! Poshtam won the World Military Games few months ago beating some top guys like Nemes, but then he was like a harmless baby in the final. :( obviously he is only good against certain type of wrestlers (like Nemes for example)

for tomorrow I expect nothing less than gold from Kavianinejad and Saravi. it will be much harder for 3 other guys.

by the way, your guy Naserpour not only did wrestle in the final...he did even win by superiority! :p

and as far as I can see, Hedayat was gifted a bronze medal without fighting...or not? :mumble:

55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

the most funny things was 87kg podium with only 1 bronze medalist ! the Iranian guy Hedayat obviously didn't want to win any medal. but there was a little problem both other guys in the repechage didn't show up for the repechage match, I assume they were confused too they didn't notice the guy who beat them (from Kyrgyzstan) won his semifinal (despite being down 7-0 and only 6 seconds left) and I assume they already left the stadium. it was nobody to wrestle Hedayat for bronze therefore they didn't award that bronze medal. :facepalm:

actually, according to the UWW website, in the repechage round the guy from IRQ was given the win over the guy from TJK by Forfeit...

and then in the bronze medal match, Hedayat was also given the win over the guy from IRQ by Forfeit...

so, I guess now he could get in trouble despite his hard try to avoid any doping test...:mumble:

I'm curious to see how this thing ends (it was not a good show up for the sport of wrestling, for Iran and above all for that guy, in any case)...

2 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way, your guy Naserpour not only did wrestle in the final...he did even win by superiority! :p

and as far as I can see, Hedayat was gifted a bronze medal without fighting...or not? :mumble:

actually, according to the UWW website, in the repechage round the guy from IRQ was given the win over the guy from TJK by Forfeit...

and then in the bronze medal match, Hedayat was also given the win over the guy from IRQ by Forfeit...

so, I guess now he could get in trouble despite his hard try to avoid any doping test...:mumble:

I'm curious to see how this thing ends (it was not a good show up for the sport of wrestling, for Iran and above all for that guy, in any case)...

yes Naserpour was man of the day. it was something like 4 hours between matches, he had enough time to recover

that's just a little mistake if you check UWW website it's 2VFO, which means both wrestlers are disqualified, apparently their software just show one of them as XXX df XXX. but in fact all 3 wrestlers got disqualified. they awarded only 1 bronze medal. there was no second guy on the 3rd place podium. I assume those 2 other guys just didn't know they had to wrestle the repechage and left the stadium. if you watch the end of Hedayat-KGZ match, most people didn't notice what happened at the end. they were probably watching from the distance and left the stadium when they assumed the KGZ guy lost the SF and therefore eliminated them.

rumors here say he failed a drug test in Iran, and he received the news only today ! I'm not really sure but one thing is for sure he knew he was on drugs and will fail a real test for sure. but I have to tell you some tests inside Iran are not accurate, because of the sanctions and mostly financial reasons they can't test everybody in qualified and legit labs. I know our wrestling federation created some kind of tests to just check the wrestlers in the first place, if they find the results "suspicious" they will send the sample to a lab in Germany for more investigations. it seems he received the news about "being suspicious"

I'm sure he will get a long term suspension, either by WADA or by Iran NADO, this got viral in Iran and now everybody knows about this accident. and wrestling fans are extremely angry on him for "ashaming" the history of our wrestling. even if he doesn't fail a drug test, they will ban him from the national team because of that behavior. I will post the video later that was really shameful.

Edited by MHSN

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

yes Naserpour was man of the day. it was something like 4 hours between matches, he had enough time to recover

that's just a little mistake if you check UWW website it's 2VFO, which means both wrestlers are disqualified, apparently their software just show one of them as XXX df XXX. but in fact all 3 wrestlers got disqualified. they awarded only 1 bronze medal. there was no second guy on the 3rd place podium. I assume those 2 other guys just didn't know they had to wrestle the repechage and left the stadium. if you watch the end of Hedayat-KGZ match, most people didn't notice what happened at the end. they were probably watching from the distance and left the stadium when they assumed the KGZ guy lost the SF and therefore eliminated them.

rumors here say he failed a drug test in Iran, and he received the news only today ! I'm not really sure but one thing is for sure he knew he was on drugs and will fail a real test for sure. but I have to tell you some tests inside Iran are not accurate, because of the sanctions and mostly financial reasons they can't test everybody in qualified and legit labs. I know our wrestling federation created some kind of tests to just check the wrestlers in the first place, if they find the results "suspicious" they will send the sample to a lab in Germany for more investigations. it seems he received the news about "being suspicious"

I'm sure he will get a long term suspension, either by WADA or by Iran NADO, this got viral in Iran and now everybody knows about this accident. and wrestling fans are extremely angry on him for "ashaming" the history of our wrestling. even if doesn't fail a drug test, he will ban him from the national team for that behavior. I will post the video later that was really shameful.

thanks for clarification...

Iranian situation looks very complicated indeed...

p.s. I watched the video...I just can't believe it really happened something like that...:facepalm:

I'm speechless...

20 minutes ago, anuj said:

I don't understand why he wrestled for almost 6 min and decided to forfeit just in nick of time.Why make it look so obvious??

That's a very good question, and there is no way we can find a logical answer for that. I just assume he is not a smart guy. that's the only answer I can find.

so far our wrestling federation and our Greco coaches didn't make a comment about it. but they have to. maybe tomorrow after the end of Greco-Roman competition or after the end of entire competition. I'm sure there will be some kind of explanation