website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2020

hckošice

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's literally not the case. And I mean that literally.

5 at best. Daytona 500, Talledega 500, Darlington, Bristol, Indy. I agree with @Federer91 that the season is much too long, and had too many pointless races. There’s also less entries now, and they struggle to get fans to attend the “filler” races.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

5 at best. Daytona 500, Talledega 500, Darlington, Bristol, Indy. I agree with @Federer91 that the season is much too long, and had too many pointless races. There’s also less entries now, and they struggle to get fans to attend the “filler” races.

Gonna have to agree to disagree, too much to follow and watch to waste too much time on this :d 

I like the current format, you don't. Fine.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But there's quite a big difference between the tracks and, because of that, in the races as well. I'm glad they won't cut the calendar like that, excellent Sunday night/Monday morning/Monday evening entertainment.

There’s literally zero difference. Someone dominates the race, only to lose to someone else. Half the field gets lapped because they’re not competitive. There’s 1-3 big crashes. A bunch of pointless yellow flags. No wet weather races. Only 2-3 non-oval races. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not much anyone can do about it though, it's just bad luck.

You could race in the rain like every other races series on the planet...

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You could race in the rain like every other races series on the planet...

No, you can't. At least not on ovals, they can (and do) on road courses, although 1) they don't race on a lot of road courses and 2) the chances of rain in those few races just aren't that big. Same goes for IndyCar on ovals by the way.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s literally zero difference.

I mean, that's not even about opinions. It's utter, factual bullshit. If you think there's 'literally zero difference' between racing on Talladega or racing on Martinsville, for example, I really just wonder what you're doing discussing this :lol: 

It's like I'd go and try to convince @dcro that dressage and show jumping really are the same thing.

Edited by heywoodu

Lights out on the pace car, let's go :cheer: 

That was a little drone flying over the backstretch :yikes:

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I mean, that's not even about opinions. It's utter, factual bullshit. If you think there's 'literally zero difference' between racing on Talladega or racing on Martinsville, for example, I really just wonder what you're doing discussing this :lol: 

It's like I'd go and try to convince @dcro that dressage and show jumping really are the same thing.

There’s as much difference in NASCAR races as there is between luge tracks. There is slightly different layout or gimmick, but it’s the same shit week after week. 

The difference is there’s actual competition in luge.