website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

How dare you :p

Honestly, I have no idea where this girl came from :d

well, she's one of the most promising juniors of her age groups...

at the recent junior worlds in Switzerland she was 2nd in the Individual race and 3rd in both the Sprint and the Pursuit events...

I think she has a bright future ahead of her...hope she's not gonna waste her undoubted talent...

25 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Zuk is a bit too far-fetched for me.

I'd be more inclined to see something from Brorsson, Hauser. Franziska Preuss looks to be close to podium form, don't know if calling her an outsider would do her justice though :p

Let's make no mistake, Zuk is the fastest Polish skier now. Hojnisz has some of these slow laps quite frequently tbh but she's still pretty good.

Preuss is like poor man's Simone Greiner Petter-Memm. Good enough for a Top 5-6 on her best day but never a race winning talent.

Hauser is just too slow on the skis to make a proper challenge for medals.

a few stats about Wierer...

with today's Gold Medal, she's now the 2nd best Italian woman in the history of snow sports for what concerns the number of world titles (she has 3, tied with Deborah Compagnoni, both of them just behind Stefania Belmondo with 4)...

curiously, all those 3 women have been capable of winning 2 titles in 1 single championship: Wierer did it this year, Compagnoni in 1997, Belmondo did it twice in 1993 and 1999...

the only difference between Wierer and the other 2 women is the fact that she never won an Olympic Gold medal, but she won 1 overall world cup (so far), meanwhile Compagnoni and Belmondo* never won an overall world cup title, but both won multiple Olympic Gold medals...

*obviously, should FIS make justice and recount the Olympic, World, World Cup races without all the Russian women later in the years proved to be cheaters of the worst type, then things would change dramatically...but this is another story...and it's totally OT right here...;)