website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Hmmmn....Loginov withdraws from the Mass Start.  Seems he welcomed the Polizia to his room twice yesterday.  :redcard:

Don't know what to think of this. If all this hassle was caused for nothing, it doesn't look good for the anti-doping agencies. 

If Loginov actually went for doping again, then... well, they never learn :d

All this happened because of Kasperovich’s accreditation which was issued for another person. The IBU suspected that he is hiding under another name and supplies me with doping before races. These are just groundless suggestions, I really have no words to describe what has happened,” Loginov said.

“They checked all my clothes, everything including wheels on my suitcase. I told them you may check everything, but seizing my phone and laptop is really beyond my understanding, because now I cannot even contact my family,” the biathlete said adding that he would like to be with his wife as soon as possible.

“Recent events forced Alexander to withdraw from the race,” Russian Biathlon team coaching staff said on Sunday.

https://www.rt.com/sport/481505-alexander-loginov-pulls-out-mass-start/

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Don't know what to think of this. If all this hassle was caused for nothing, it doesn't look good for the anti-doping agencies. 

If Loginov actually went for doping again, then... well, they never learn :d

Italy is a country where involvement in doping is an actual crime, not just a sporting offense.

If the Russian coach was using fake credentials that really is beyond stupid. M:finger:

Edited by Grassmarket

I've made myself a nice cup of hot chocolate, let's finish these pretty awesome world champs on a high :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

What about two blizzards?

Let's up the stakes.

And some Oberhof fog while we're at it.

I wish we had a Martell shooting range with a little river running straight through it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!