website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

Roeiseland now have 3 Gold medals in this championship and she's been on the podium in every race so far...:yikes:

so, every race with women involved (being a full female competition or a mixed relay) has been won either by Roeiseland or Wierer...

good spread of success is definitely something unknown to women's Biathlon...

So I gave it another chance...but I can not help myself, I can not find any sympathy or excitement for this single mixed relay. This is The most useless and ridiculous biathlon event, this should definitely stay on the auf schalke exhibitions gala or so

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

Roeiseland now have 3 Gold medals in this championship and she's been on the podium in every race so far...:yikes:

so, every race with women involved (being a full female competition or a mixed relay) has been won either by Roeiseland or Wierer...

good spread of success is definitely something unknown to women's Biathlon...

It is difficult to lose relays when you have Boes for days. And seeing that sprint, pursuit and individual wins all had less than 10 second margins from the second place, I'd say that it's still pretty competitive.

Especially for a season after Dahlmeier's and Kuzmina's retirement and adding the fact that Eckhoff + Makarainen are completely flopping and Vittozzi looks like a shadow of her former self this season.

It is fairly easy for Roeiseland and Wierer to sweep the medals, when only Herrmann and Oeberg are consistently challenging them from the top dogs. Names like Tandrevold and Braisaz are also fairly irrelevant in these championships. 

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

So I gave it another chance...but I can not help myself, I can not find any sympathy or excitement for this single mixed relay. This is The most useless and ridiculous biathlon event, this should definitely stay on the auf schalke exhibitions gala or so

Hard disagree on that. I find it highly competitive (meaning the race themselves are always rather close), and easy to understand. People seem to like, and more nations are able to take part. It also allows the less deep teams to have a chance at a medal (though that didn’t happen today). I hope it’s added to the OG soon.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hard disagree on that. I find it highly competitive (meaning the race themselves are always rather close), and easy to understand. People seem to like, and more nations are able to take part. It also allows the less deep teams to have a chance at a medal (though that didn’t happen today). I hope it’s added to the OG soon.

only, and if only, they don't cut any other of the current Olympic disciplines (especially the Individual race)...:evil:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

only, and if only, they don't cut any other of the current Olympic disciplines (especially the Individual race)...:evil:

Yes, nothing needs to be cut (especially since no extra quotas would be required)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

il y a 6 minutes, Olympian1010 a dit :

Hard disagree on that. I find it highly competitive (meaning the race themselves are always rather close), 

Inherent to the principle of the race, short distances means shorter gaps

and easy to understand

Hooray :)

People seem to like, and more nations are able to take part. It also allows the less deep teams to have a chance at a medal (though that didn’t happen today). I hope it’s added to the OG soon.

Ok more nations can participate but get medals... It's clear that this race is taken seriously by the big nations when at championships, i.e not in concurrence with the mixed relay. Therefore the chances of Estonia and Kazakhstan are reduced to 0.1%.

Plus there is already too much biathlon races at the Olympics 

I agree this discipline should stay in programme. Even our team could be a medal contender in the future. Today I am really satisfied with performances of our young talents. 19th place is very respectible, and Alex Cisar shot 20 shots without needing any spare rounds.