website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

I still think :SLO could join those eight nations with a medal, today was close. Best chances single mixed relay (you never know) and Men's Mass Start (Fak with 20/20, why not).

EDIT: Sorry, just saw tomorrow's start list, what a pleasant surprise, Alex Cisar, junior World Champion, and Nika Vindišar, another youngster are

representing our team.

Edited by justony

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Single mixed relay squads have been announced.

:NOR (Olsbu & JTB) and :ITA (Wierer & Hofer) in full gold medal mode.

:GER (Preuss & Lesser) and :FRA (Bescond & Jacquelin) will be menacing though.

:POL (Zuk & Nedza-Kubiniec) will be lucky to get a Top 12 finish IMO.

Oeberg + Samuelsson is also full gold mode, both can easily match up against Italy.

I am glad that there will be 30.  Now how many at the end, I put the over/under at 17.  Who wants to over?

The US as expected puts Dunklee and Dogherty in the Single Mixed.  If they avoid the penalty loop and miss 4 shots or under, they might get a medal.  More likely they will have a melt down and crash hard.  It was hard to watch Dunklee in the Pursuit go from chance at the podium to 5 misses on the last shoot.  Ouch.

Edited by RobtheAggie

18 minutes ago, Werloc said:

30 nations going to start tomorrow. That's cool, but also starting to wonder what they would do in a case with 32 countries wanting to participate.

Guess you could have a race-off some earlier day in the meet amongst the countries not entering the full mixed relay.