website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:SVK  Team Slovakia  :SVK

poliakova-terezia.pngfialkova-paulina.pngfialkova-ivona.pngmachyniakova-veronika.png

otcenas-martin.pnghasilla-tomas.pngsima-michal.pngbartko-simon.png

Will be a strange Wch for :SVK team the first without Anastasiya Kuzmina, so the goals and expectations are now much lower.

So no special goals were required this time from the federation, basically just to attack seasons bests (especially among mens, since only Otčenáš won points this season so far and only 2 for his 39th place in the last stage)

However Paulína Fialková has her own personal goals and will try to win that historic medal (Sadly her injured knee is obvously a big obstacle in her efforts, but we all know that she is a great fighter and surely will puts everything on the races despite the unfortunate injury and obvious big limiting pain)

This is also the reason why Paja will not start in the mixed relays, Tomorrow for the classical Mixed Relay we will field a weak relay (Poliaková, V. Machyniaková, Šima, Otčenáš) which will probably be lapped already in the female part. The younger of the Fialková sisters Ivona will start in the single mixed relay with one of the mens later on the week.

Polish mixed relay squad for tomorrow is Zbylut-Zuk-Guzik-Szczurek. We never used this particular line-up before :p

Anterselva is of course the place where :POL won it's only World Championship gold medal back in 1995 when a 21-year old student Tomasz Sikora won the individual event beating Jon Age Tyldum and Oleg Ryzhenkov. Tyldum went on to win the overall World Cup that season but was quickly overtaken by O.E. Bjoerndalen as Norway's team leader and retired at the age of 30 which I never really understood.

Ryzhenkov and Vladimir Dratchev had easily the fastest ski speed on the day and would have won gold even with one miss. They missed 2 & 3 times respectively.

18 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

US goes with the expected 4

Dunklee-Egan-Nordgren-Doherty  this has been standard since the retirement of Burke and Bailey.  I would be estatic for a top 6, but top 10 seems reasonable.

This is our best chance to do anything special really. Probably the best relay we’ve had in a while, which is great since our men are so weak right now. I really hope one of the women can pull an absolute miracle at these championships.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is our best chance to do anything special really. Probably the best relay we’ve had in a while, which is great since our men are so weak right now. I really hope one of the women can pull an absolute miracle at these championships.

Yep, if the US gets anyone in the top 6 of any race, I would be ecstatic!

10 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Yep, if the US gets anyone in the top 6 of any race, I would be ecstatic!

Top 5 in a relay or Top 10 (maybe 20 for the men) in an Individual would be enough for me low key

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Italy goes Vittozzi -Wierer-Hofer-Windisch

I wonder how that first hand over will go?  Or how they team will line up for a picture if they get a medal?

Nothing special, I assume. Most likely they and everyone around will act as if nothing is going on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!