website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Being a speed skater in France is imho almost the same as being a speed skater in Colombia, so you're right :p

I guess the federation is (almost) not doing anything for him and considering the turmoils in the aforementioned federation at the moment, it's getting even worse to be a speed skater here ...

Fantastic results though :clap:

Well the Colombians who have switched to ice have found proper coaches I believe. Both countries have out-preformed expectations though, and have really added more value to the sport (which is why cutting Olympic quotas sucks). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

il y a 2 minutes, Olympian1010 a dit :

Well the Colombians who have switched to ice have found proper coaches I believe. Both countries have out-preformed expectations though, and have really added more value to the sport (which is why cutting Olympic quotas sucks). 

Meh, although I understand that we can't have high expectations for Colombia to switch to the ice, the current situation of France's speed skating is ludicrous :wall:

A country that organized three Winter OG and have such a strong tradition of in-line skating can't settle for one athlete to emerge every now and then thanks to his own will and efforts ... 

This federation is a terrible mess ...

The Kazakh guy who did a reskate because the German guy fell and pretty much made him crash too, fell in his reskate.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@phelps missed Erin Jackson's race

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@phelps missed Erin Jackson's race

I’m out of the house right now, how’d she do?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m out of the house right now, how’d she do?

Not bad. Somewhere in the middle of the field, one can assume.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not bad. Somewhere in the middle of the field, one can assume.

Hoping she really comes through in Beijing.

27 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Meh, although I understand that we can't have high expectations for Colombia to switch to the ice, the current situation of France's speed skating is ludicrous :wall:

A country that organized three Winter OG and have such a strong tradition of in-line skating can't settle for one athlete to emerge every now and then thanks to his own will and efforts ... 

This federation is a terrible mess ...

What are the three most popular countries for inline skating? Italy, Netherlands and Belgium? Given how Italy tends to produce some world class skaters (mainly in short track these days) I suppose France is really behind the eightball. I don't recall any world class skater on the long track in the XXI century and even your short track team is not as impressive as it could have been. 

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

What are the three most popular countries for inline skating? Italy, Netherlands and Belgium? Given how Italy tends to produce some world class skaters (mainly in short track these days) I suppose France is really behind the eightball. I don't recall any world class skater on the long track in the XXI century and even your short track team is not as impressive as it could have been. 

Inline skating is that popular in the Low Countries. They have good athletes, but I wouldn’t say it’s a popular in places like South America, Central America, and East Asia. France isn’t behind the eightball in roller speed skating.

Edited by Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Inline skating is that popular in the Low Countries. They have good athletes, but I wouldn’t say it’s a popular in places like South America, Central America, and East Asia. France isn’t behind the eightball in roller speed skating.

It's also not exactly popular here :p 

Just among children to play around mostly, and not even that is something one often sees anymore.