website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 2020

Totallympics

:CAN finishing 1-2 in the 10000m would have been unthinkable ten years ago. Even discounting Bloemen Canada’s long distance program has improved dramatically.

At this rate Ted-Jan will move to the Netherlands for a better shot at making the Olympic team.

Edit: seriously, with Jordan Belchos also lurking in the background the Canadian 10k team for 2022 may actually be harder to qualify for than the Dutch one.

Edited by NearPup

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

:CAN finishing 1-2 in the 10000m would have been unthinkable ten years ago. Even discounting Bloemen Canada’s long distance program has improved dramatically.

At this rate Ted-Jan will move to the Netherlands for a better shot at making the Olympic team.

Yeah no, Bloemen going back to a country where half the population skates sub-13 for breakfast....I doubt it :p 

And yeah you're right about the first part, sadly Arne Dankers wasn't at this level.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

however, I have the feeling of a true missed chance by Ghiotto...he could have gone as low as 12.45...

but somehow he failed like he did in Pyeongchang...he just can't get back to 2017 shape...

Half the competition 'failed', these are incredibly tough conditions.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely. If long skates are giving back pain all the time, you're either not having enough long skates or your position sucks :p 

It’s my position. I’ve always had an undiagnosed balance/power issue. Only one side of my body is double jointed, and it seems to throw off my balance among other things. I can’t really explain the issue, even to former track coaches, so it’s just something I deal with. I think my gym workouts and such would help, but I don’t feel safe when lifting, squating, etc. because it affects that too. So I just do what I can because I enjoy it. I accepted long ago that I’d never be an elite, or even good athlete, but I could aim to do my best, and practice what I love :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Japan's women's team pursuit team is a joy to behold every single time.

Now it's time for another one of ISU's epic fails, the semi-lottery that is the 500m nowadays.

Double fall in the first pair of the men's 500m. Down goes the luchtcirculatie for Smeekens :mad:

Two pairs done, only one time set :lol: