website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, every single skater says 1500m is by far the most painful :p Way more than the longer ones

1500m is the most painful overall because everything (lungs, legs, lower back, arms) hurts, but it’s hard to beat the back pain I feel on those longer skates. It’s not a support for people who don’t like being constantly on their limits. I struggle not to just give in and cruise on all of my workout skates. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Frank Dittrich you mean, I assume? :p

But yeah, I doubt they always time it perfectly. Maybe they've attacked earlier before, got destroyed and didn't dare do it again :d 

yes, I don't know how I came out with that name...:facepalm:

I'm pretty sure I've heard of him...was he a cyclist, maybe? :mumble:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

it's impressive how much "regular" they've been through the entire effort, especially Kramer (29.83 his fastest lap and 30.60 the slowest)...:yikes:

I prefer the time long ago when Kramer did weird stuff like throwing in a 27.9 in a 10k to give Bokko the knockout punch :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I prefer the time long ago when Kramer did weird stuff like throwing in a 27.9 in a 10k to give Bokko the knockout punch :d 

surely that was more spectacular for the fans...but the numbers say that regularity was more effective in establishing a faster time...:p

1 minute ago, phelps said:

surely that was more spectacular for the fans...but the numbers say that regularity was more effective in establishing a faster time...:p

Regularity is more efficient in every single endurance event, but it is indeed a bit less fun to watch sometimes :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

RIP Bergsma

Haha mad Jillert Anema :banana: 

32.9 for someone like Bergsma on a 10k is not bad on the Nauta scale. Not a full Nauta, but not bad.