Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 2020

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Men´s Team Sprint

1. Cananda :CAN 1:17.689

2. Netherlands :NED 1:18.187

3. China :CHN 1:18.533

Nope :p

Canada got disqualified, the bronze goes to Norway.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Timothy Loubineaud opened the 10k. Fun fact: apparently he has no coach. At all. He goes the Yego way: watching videos, trying stuff he sees and figuring it out along the way. He has a French coaching jacket, which he just gives to whoever is willing to help him. Often that's been veteran former skater Tristan Loy of France, but he isn't in SLC and now he gave his jacket to New Zealand's pioneer Shane Dobbin who's standing on the ice for him now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

RIP Morozov.

Marcel Bosker knows his feeling.

12:58.99 and Loubineaud goes sub-13 (nearly 20 seconds faster than his PB) as first French skater in history! :woohoo:

He's yelling so loud all of Utah hears it :d :cheer: 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Timothy Loubineaud opened the 10k. Fun fact: apparently he has no coach. At all. He goes the Yego way: watching videos, trying stuff he sees and figuring it out along the way. He has a French coaching jacket, which he just gives to whoever is willing to help him. Often that's been veteran former skater Tristan Loy of France, but he isn't in SLC and now he gave his jacket to New Zealand's pioneer Shane Dobbin who's standing on the ice for him now :d 

I guess nobody told him that his fatigue technique is overly melodramatic...

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah he watched too many Chad Hedrick videos for now, but I gotta hand it to him: being dead and still keeping the pace pretty decently, even going back from 31's to 30's I believe, deserves some respect. Trademark inline skater gone speed skating.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

if he learned his ice skating from video stuff, he surely must have watched hours of Chad Hedrick's mid-/long distance races...

so, here comes the showman within himself...

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As someone who does similar on road (thoughI don’t compete), I can tell you this takes a lot of time, dedication, and effort. It can take days/weeks/months to learn something a proper coach could have taught you in a matter of hours. From what I’ve seen, a lot of people like him and Yego have sloppy looking technique, but they’ve spent a lot of time figuring out how to practically gain a few centimeters, seconds, etc. I love stories like this.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela