website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2020

Federer91

there will be two Italian wrestlers in SF later today, no surprise about Kakhelasvhili but I think nobody expected this guy Russo to beat Russia and Armenia ! :yikes:

60kg: :EST Magisalu vs :ARM Gharibyan /// :TUR Kamal vs :GEO Shavadze

67kg: :NOR Thoresen vs :BLR Liavonchyk /// :RUS Abdullaev vs :ARM Aslanyan

72kg: :GER Stabler vs :RUS Kurak /// :TUR Can vs :GEO Lomadze

82kg: :ITA Russo vs :AZE Huseynov /// :GER Wagner vs :BUL Aleksandrov

97kg: :ARM Aleksanyan vs :FIN Kuosmanen /// :RUS Golovin vs :ITA Kakhelashvili

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

there will be two Italian wrestlers in SF later today, no surprise about Kakhelasvhili but I think nobody expected this guy Russo to beat Russia and Armenia ! :yikes:

60kg: :EST Magisalu vs :ARM Gharibyan /// :TUR Kamal vs :GEO Shavadze

67kg: :NOR Thoresen vs :BLR Liavonchyk /// :RUS Abdullaev vs :ARM Aslanyan

72kg: :GER Stabler vs :RUS Kurak /// :TUR Can vs :GEO Lomadze

82kg: :ITA Russo vs :AZE Huseynov /// :GER Wagner vs :BUL Aleksandrov

97kg: :ARM Aleksanyan vs :FIN Kuosmanen /// :RUS Golovin vs :ITA Kakhelashvili

yeah, I watched Russo's bout in the QTFs vs the Armenian guy and I couldn't trust my eyes...:yikes:

he started strong and then he could keep up with their opponent for the entire match...Russo's tactics has been almost perfect...he only made a little mistake towards the end of the 1st round, but it only cost him 2 points (from 4-1 to 4-3)...

in the second round basically nothing happened...he was never in danger and he also got a nice passivity point gift towards the end...

Nikoloz, on the other hand, just destroyed Omarov in their QTFs match-up...he took advantage of an early passivity of the Russian-born Czech and then he rolled him around to score 8 more points and quickly close the bout...

now, I don't think Russo would go further, but I hope Nikoloz can beat also the true Russian in the semifinals and get a chance to face the great Aleksanyan in the big final...:fingers:

seeded athletes for the European Qualifiers after 1st day in Olympic weights, remember only top 2 will be seeded but if any of them doesn't participate they go to the 3rd guy in the ranking and so on

77kg:

#1 :BLR Pavel Liakh

#2 :AZE Sanan Suleymanov

#3 :LTU Paulius Galkinas

#4 :RUS Roman Vlasov

#5 :UKR Volodimyr Yakovliev

I'm almost sure Likah and Galkinas will participate, so Roman Vlasov most probably won't be seeded. I think nobody wants him in his bracket.

87kg:

#1 :CRO Ivan Huklek

#2 :RUS Aleksanr Komarov

#3 :AZE Islam Abbasov

#4 :TUR Metehan Basar

#5 :LTU Eividas Stankevicius

130kg:

#1 :ROU Alin Alexuc-Ciurariu

#2 :UKR Mykola Kuchmii

#3 :FIN Arvi Savolainen

#4 :RUS Zurabi Gedekhauri

#5 :AZE Beka Kandelaki

Except the Romanian guy being #1, I'm not sure if the rest participate ! but Kuchmii is likely to participate and take the 2nd seed.

Edited by MHSN

seeding for the remaining weights for the Olympic qualifiers in Europe

60kg:

#1 :TUR Kerem Kamal

#2 :ARM Gevorg Gharibyan

#3 :BUL Ivo Angelov

67kg:

#1 :NOR Morten Thoresen

#2 :POL Gevorg Sahakyan

#3 :ARM Karen Aslanyan

97kg:

#? :ITA Nikoloz Kakhelashvili

#1 :CZE Artur Omarov

#2 :FRA Melonin Noumonvi

#3 :FIN Matti Kuosmanen

it seems I'm the only person interested in European Championship :d  so let me talk to myself once more

I'm sure most users here don't know Ibrahim Bolukbasi, because he never won anything big but this guy was always a tricky wrestler and today he almost pinned the great Sadullaev. he had the lock and only the great Rashid could survive that. :hyper:

I admire Sadullaev and consider him the best wrestler in the world right now and one of the best wrestlers in history but I would love to see someone beating him :d in freestyle wrestling when you lock head and one of the legs that's impossible to escape. but Rashid did the impossible.

nd

I'm watching here and there, just don't have time to comment regularly. Everyone is looking towards the OQT, these Euros feel not like a big tournament. It doesn't help that there are 30 people in the hall for the medal matches... Standard performance by our teams, though i expected more.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

it seems I'm the only person interested in European Championship :d  so let me talk to myself once more

I'm sure most users here don't know Ibrahim Bolukbasi, because he never won anything big but this guy was always a tricky wrestler and today he almost pinned the great Sadullaev. he had the lock and only the great Rashid could survive that. :hyper:

I admire Sadullaev and consider him the best wrestler in the world right now and one of the best wrestlers in history but I would love to see someone beating him :d in freestyle wrestling when you lock head and one of the legs that's impossible to escape. but Rashid did the impossible.

nd

no, you're not the only one...;)

until today, I've been watching all finals session (even if only delayed, therefore I'm not commenting that much nor posting medallists regularly) and a few preliminaries as well...

then, today was a really bad day for me for personal reasons, so unfortunately I couldn't watch anything...

I must say that the empty hall is really depressing, but still we've seen quite a few decent and entertaining bouts, despite most big names are not competing...

p.s. just noticing the difference between a wrestling Nation like KAZ and ITA...

look at the draw in the men's freestyle -74kg...Chamizo vs :TURDemirtas and then the winner against :AZE Gadzhiyev...:facepalm:

or the -57kg always in freestyle: Davidovi vs :ROU Dukov and then the Romanian against :TUR Atli...:wall:

in certain Countries (KAZ is only one of them) it would have never happened...:facepalm: