website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2020

Federer91

23 minutes ago, ratelesjo said:

The contests order is not available..sucks to follow who's next on the mat.

actually, it's available as always...

just look at the weight class page and watch the stream of the respective mat...

you have the contest number (for instance, here)

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/european-championships-19?tab=results

and then you can easily see when it's the right time of your favourite wrestler, as the number of each contest is in the graphics of each stream for each mat...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

actually, it's available as always...

just look at the weight class page and watch the stream of the respective mat...

you have the contest number (for instance, here)

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/european-championships-19?tab=results

and then you can easily see when it's the right time of your favourite wrestler, as the number of each contest is in the graphics of each stream for each mat...

Nice finding, it helps greatly.

unfortunately I missed the preliminary rounds today and I was checking the results when I got home and just wow, Kayaalp lost ?! :yikes: and how this is even possible ! can't wait for them to upload the video. can't remember the last time Kayaalp lost to a European wrestler ! it was 2011 I assume.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

unfortunately I missed the preliminary rounds today and I was checking the results when I got home and just wow, Kayaalp lost ?! :yikes: and how this is even possible ! can't wait for them to upload the video. can't remember the last time Kayaalp lost to a European wrestler ! it was 2011 I assume.

It was 2013, he lost from Nabi.

14 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

It was 2013, he lost from Nabi.

nope he didn't. he lost to Iranian Amir Aliakbari in semifinal and Aliakbari also ate Nabi alive in the final. but since he tested positive for doping they upgraded Heiki Lucky to gold and Kayaalp to silver. if Kayaalp had to wrestle Nabi in that day that was an easy win for him.

as far as I remember, beside that defeat against Alikbari which can "not count", Kayaalp only lost to Mijain Lopez in past few years.

Edited by MHSN

Greco-Roman Wrestling

Day #1, Gold Medal matches

-55kg: :BUL Edmond Armen Nazaryan vs :RUS Vitalii Kabaloev

-63kg: :RUS Ibragim Labazanov vs :BLR Maksim Nehoda

-77kg: :HUN Zoltan Levai vs :AZE Sanan Suleymanov

-87kg: :UKR Semen Novikov vs :HUN Viktor Lorincz

-130kg: :ROU Alin Alexuc Ciurariu vs :GEO Levan Arabuli

it was a kind of boring evening, the only "wow" moment was Novikov's 2pts throw right at the end of the match to beat Komarov. most of other matches were boring and were decided by par-terre. of course that's not unusual for Greco-Roman in this level.

I was more impressed by Levai and Novikov, they are both #2 in their countries behind current World Champions (T. Lorincz and Beleniuk) but they were great today. and I still wonder how come Kuchmii managed to beat Kayaalp and it was almost for nothing ! he lost to the Romanian guy in SF by cautions. :d

another thing it seems Serbia is going to complete its collection, they have some good wrestlers and they got couple more from Georgia to complete the collection :d but I don't think Datunashvili can do much for them. he lost in the first round today.

btw in case people are interested about the seeding for the Olympic qualifiers

from what I see Alin AC (ROU) guaranteed 1st seed at 130kg. Kuchmii can be #2 if he wins the bronze. I'm not sure if other guys currently in repechage will wrestle the Olympic qualifiers.

at 87kg, both bronze medalists will be seeded of cousre if they participate.

at 77kg, Suleymanov will be seed 1 if they send him (I assume he is not their #1 guy, or at least he wasn't before today) Pavel Liakh despite being eliminated has a chance to be in seed 1 if he finishes in top 8 (but we don't know that before the end of repechages) and bronze medalists (if not qualified already) will be next in line.

in case people didn't read the rules, only top 2 will be seeded for the Olympic Qualifiers.