website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

26 minutes ago, ofan said:

Because they are criminals? This is just typical IOC

In fairness to the IOC, they own the rights on those videos (or they don’t, which actually might be why they had to take them down), so they are allowed to remove them. That’s not criminal activity. It’s shit behavior towards fans and a poor marketing choice, which is definitely right up the IOC’s alley.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

In fairness to the IOC, they own the rights on those videos (or they don’t, which actually might be why they had to take them down), so they are allowed to remove them. That’s not criminal activity. It’s shit behavior towards fans and a poor marketing choice, which is definitely right up the IOC’s alley.

Uploading Atlanta 1996 openning ceremony just for #stayathome campaign and deleting it after situation improved is just...nonsensical. 

You upload something to stay, whats the point in having these temporary videos?

At least i dont see it.

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

Uploading Atlanta 1996 openning ceremony just for #stayathome campaign and deleting it after situation improved is just...nonsensical. 

You upload something to stay, whats the point in having these temporary videos?

At least i dont see it.

Damn you scared me. I quickly check to make sure it is still there (it is) and downloaded it

4 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Damn you scared me. I quickly check to make sure it is still there (it is) and downloaded it

YouTube Premium or another method?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

A Firefox plugin called FVD

How large was the file on something like that? I’ve been loosely thinking about making permanent archives of the footage of multi-sports games. It’s about the only thing I’m not truly saving and storing at this point :p

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

How large was the file on something like that? I’ve been loosely thinking about making permanent archives of the footage of multi-sports games. It’s about the only thing I’m not truly saving and storing at this point :p

Well.. you can choose the quality from 360p to 720p. Atlanta was 3.4GB on 720p

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Well.. you can choose the quality from 360p to 720p. Atlanta was 3.4GB on 720p

Can you only watch the video in YouTube, or can you download it to a desktop of cloud and watch it elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can you only watch the video in YouTube, or can you download it to a desktop of cloud and watch it elsewhere?

normally when you download a YT video with those plugins (there are many), it's a totally DRM free .mp4 video...so, you can use it just like you prefer (storing on external HDDs/USB keys, keeping on your PC, re-uploading on different cloud services and/or video platforms -in this case you might be in trouble for copyright infringements though)...

4 hours ago, phelps said:

normally when you download a YT video with those plugins (there are many), it's a totally DRM free .mp4 video...so, you can use it just like you prefer (storing on external HDDs/USB keys, keeping on your PC, re-uploading on different cloud services and/or video platforms -in this case you might be in trouble for copyright infringements though)...

Not if you uploaded it to the Chinese alternatives of Youtube :pIt is my unlimited cloud storage