website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

I'm watching the shooting challenged organized by Pentashot - the laser shooting company. The meetings are on Zoom, so you need a code (they're on FB and instagram) and a good will of an "admin". ;) Forutnately, Emiliano Hernandez allowed me to watch his room, where two of my friends - Łukasz Gutkowski and Zsófi Földházi - are shooting today.

so the whole concept is apparently to try to persuade Matej Tóth to continue his career one more year and to go to defend his gold in Tokyo. :lol:

they will broadcast videos with encouraging announcements and greetings from other athletes from other sports and fans throughout the whole Rio 2016 race. Matej himself had no idea what was going on. the goal is apparently at the end of the broadcast around 19:50 to put one huge "emotional" video,

poor Matej :lol:

more than 190,000 people sent a greeting, supporting message or a short video during the 4-hour broadcast. Just a moment ago, Matej, extremely touched (he had absolutely no idea that some initiative like this is happening in our national public TV), announced and promised that he would not retire yet and will do everything he can to qualify to Tokyo next year and once there make next years August the whole Slovakia happy again. claiming : This is one hell of motivation I just got :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

more than 190,000 people sent a greeting, supporting message or a short video during the 4-hour broadcast. Just a moment ago, Matej, extremely touched (he had absolutely no idea that some initiative like this is happening in our national public TV), announced and promised that he would not retire yet and will do everything he can to qualify to Tokyo next year and once there make next years August the whole Slovakia happy again. claiming : This is one hell of motivation I just got :thumbup:

Yeah peer pressure! :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah peer pressure! :d

yeah kind of :lol: immagine he would say No. the whole 4 hours ultra secret mega project of RTVS would end in vain :rofl:

Anyway it was really quite touching, all the videos and messages, I can only imagine the feelings and goosebumps Matej got today.

27 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah kind of :lol: immagine he would say No

I would have laughed without any doubt...

Spoiler

...if, and only if the next day he'd have posted a video or something saying that was only a joke and of course he's going for Tokyo :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!