website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Today was a weird day:

2018 Winter Paralympics - Biathlon: Sitting sprint

2018 Asian Games - Sepaktakraw: Team Regu Group Match 

2019 European Games - Opening Ceremony

I have a problem. I’m planning on watching some more Asian Games tomorrow, so maybe I have an addiction :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

after I was done with Judo and Rowing worlds (plus some other stuff), this week is totally dedicated to NCAA and NFL Football and KHL/Champions League Hockey (well, maybe I also give a look at the men's Basketball World Cup, but only as a second tier interest)...

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is considered sports or robotics but I'm currently watching ABU Robocon events replay from previous years  and it's pretty awesome.

2019 :Mongolia

2017: Japan  

https://youtu.be/8JM4ysBY02E

2016:Thailand

The event was first organised in 2003 in Japan and has been held every year since then with different themes. It's an Asia Pacific Contest but Russia, Turkey, Egypt have participated many times .

The 2020 event will be held in Fiji and the theme is RoboRugby 7s. 

after the end of the Athletics Worlds, now I'm focused only on the Baseball playoffs, in both the :USA:CAN MLB and the :JPN NPB (and maybe I give a shot to the :KOR KBO also)...

the only other events I'm going to follow in the next 3/4 weeks are a few big matches in European Soccer and of course some Hockey from all around the World (I just can't live without it :yikes::lol::facepalm:)...

Edited by phelps

After the WCh in cycling and athletics the past weeks, my sports schedule has a bit of a gap too. I'm not the biggest fan of artistic gymnastics personally, so I don't really follow those championships.

I'll be watching the international break in football of course. And the field hockey qualifying games are coming up I think. After that probably European Champs in track cycling. But the season of summer sports is really coming to an end now.

Well my week will be dominated by nothing until the 5 days of the World Beach Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Trying to watch the 2018 Asian Games, 2019 Pan American Games, and European Games by the time Tokyo comes around. I’m hoping to watch bits of the CAC Games, Pacific Mini Games, Pacific Games, and Universaides by then to. I’ve been about 2,500 hours of footage to go :p

Last night's college football and then it's on to another full schedule, with the Sandown 500 (Australian Supercars), Fed Cup final, 4H of Shanghai, six races at the European cyclocross championships, two full sessions at the track cycling World Cup in Glasgow and tonight the shorttrack at the World Cup in Montreal. Which actually makes it a surprisingly calm Sunday, all things considered. Oh, and five races at the FIM CEV Repsol weekend in Valencia, with the final races in the championships there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!