website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Today will watch:

Table Tennis:

Pitchford Liam:GBR vs KENJAEV ZOKHID :UZB

Judo Men - 66kg 

Will support RISHOD SOBIROV. I believe he will get final and hope for gold :):UZB

Tennis:

I love tennis, and will just enjoy every match, especially 

David Ferrer:ESP vs DENIS ISTOMIN :UZB

Boxing: 

Uzbekistan has strong boxing school, hope for medals in this sport, today will watch round 32:

Men 69kg

Sissokho Ndiaye Youba :ESP vs GIYASOV SHAKHRAM:UZB

Enjoy Games :)

Forza Uzbekistan:UZB

• 1 year later...

Posting this here, since I don't think any sports thread will be appropiate :p

So lately this poll has been done in The UK - what are your thoughts? :dPersonally I am a bit surprised 40% of Brits think Football is boring :yikes:

Boring%20sport-01.png

Also, currently our national sports channel is doing a similar poll, only with 20 sports, including handball, volley and Ice Hockey which are not on this list. I will inform you about the results after they will be published in Monday or Tuesday :d

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Personally I would put tennis but especially swimming much higher on the boring list, cricket even higher, and darts way lower (as in more exciting) :p  And football much much higher.

Then again, it all depends on the matches and competitions, there's plenty of athletics races which suuuucked, but also plenty of American football matches which were utterly amazing (I saw 3 matches in the past three weeks and both were ridiculously exciting).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Personally I would put tennis but especially swimming much higher on the boring list, cricket even higher, and darts way lower (as in more exciting) :p  And football much much higher.

Then again, it all depends on the matches and competitions, there's plenty of athletics races which suuuucked, but also plenty of American football matches which were utterly amazing (I saw 3 matches in the past three weeks and both were ridiculously exciting).

Sorry if I misunderstood - you think football is boring?

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

1 minute ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Sorry if I misunderstood - you think football is boring?

Usually when I watch, not much happens, indeed. I usually have the 'luck' to end up watching a match with maybe 5-10 somewhat serious goal attempts and 1 or 2 goals and that's it :p 

Of course there's always exceptions, like in any sport. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, here are results of "most interesting vs. Most boring sport" poll done a few days ago in Poland

1-10: MORE INTERESTING SPORTS

SPORT INTERESTING (%) BORING (%) NO OPINION (%)
1. Ski Jumping 82.1 14.6 3.3
2. Handball 80.9 13.1 6.0
3. Athletics  80.1 14.4 5.6
4. Volleyball 76.7 18.5 4.8
5. Football 75.9 20.5 3.6
6. Biathlon 50.6 30.1 19.3
7. Tennis  50 40.6 9.3
8. Basketball  45.3 40.8 13.9
9. Speed Skating 44.3 40.0 15.8
10. Ice hockey 40.9 40.3 18.8

11-20: MORE BORING SPORTS

SPORT INTERESTING (%) BORING (%) NO OPINION (%)
11. Alpine Skiing  36.7 44.6 18.7
12. Cross Country Skiing 39.5 46.2 14.3
13. Swimming 35.6 49.8 14.6
14. Speedway 36.5 50.5 13
15. Cycling 38.2 51.1 10.7
16. Rugby 29.2 52.1 18.7
17. Table Tennis 26.5 57.8 15.7
18. Formula 1 29.9 59.0 11.1
19. Car Rallying 23.3 62.9 13.8

Volleyball at 4, football at 5.........alpine skiing at 11, Formula 1 at 18.....it's fun to see how this is different in countries around the world (presumably largely influenced by a nation's success, for example I can imagine that 99% of the world thinks hammer throw is the worst of all athletics events, whereas I can also imagine it would score very high in Poland :p )

Also: Australian Open :)

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Volleyball at 4, football at 5.........alpine skiing at 11, Formula 1 at 18.....it's fun to see how this is different in countries around the world (presumably largely influenced by a nation's success, for example I can imagine that 99% of the world thinks hammer throw is the worst of all athletics events, whereas I can also imagine it would score very high in Poland :p )

Not to mention ski jumping at 1. I would believe that quite a lot of people from countries that aren't succesfull at the sport find it pretty boring :p

4 minutes ago, Agger said:

Not to mention ski jumping at 1. I would believe that quite a lot of people from countries that aren't succesfull at the sport find it pretty boring :p

Exactly :p (not saying in my opinion it is even though we have never had any success, but I definitely agree with your point)