website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

for what concerns the "exciting vs boring" sports...well, I guess it all depends too much in everyone's taste and interests to be able to give a personal response...

if I was to make this ranking, Ice Hockey would be on top and just unreachable...meanwhile volleyball, racket sports and motorsports would be dead last in my own ranking...

but it's just me...

more in general, I also think that those kind of polls are highly influenced by a Nation's success at one or the other discipline, since most of the voting people are usually not such big sports fans, who follow almost every event like us on this board, and therefore they might know just those athletes, events and sports who can make the first page in the best sold newspaper/most watched news programs in each Country...

to get back in topic, instead, in the last part of 2017/early days of 2018, apart from my daily doses of Ice Hockey (yes, I'm addicted to that and I can't do and I don't want to do anything about it :lol:), I've been focusing mostly on American Football (both NFL and NCAA) and (Olympic) Winter Sports, with very few exceptions...

in the last few days I'm also following the men's Handball Europeans...

Edited by phelps

I don't believe these polls are very meaningfull as a lot people are not really interested in sport and will simply answer what sounds cool/successfull. Rugby is supposely to be more popular than Football In France thanks to these polls, but it's not really the case.

Edit: sepaking of which, do you have any stats about the proportion of the general population who is interested in waching sport on TV. Here, it's only 50% (63% with men, and 38% with women). A number I believed would be quite lower than in other countries, but I'd like to know.

Edited by De_Gambassi

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

I don't believe these polls are very meaningfull as a lot people are not really interested in sport and will simply answer what sounds cool/successfull. Rugby is supposely to be more popular than Football In France thanks to these polls, but it's not really the case.

Edit: sepaking of which, do you have any stats about the proportion of the general population who is interested in waching sport on TV. Here, it's only 50% (63% with men, and 38% with women). A number I believed would be quite lower than in other countries, but I'd like to know.

I cannot find the study, but if I remember correctly Poland, according to last year's research, over 70% people admitted to watching sports on television - but we do not have any stats involving only men or only women.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

After seeing The French TV Olympic schedule on their National thread, I tried to find some news about Slovak broadcasting during the upcomming games. The schedule is not unveiled officially yet, I just found some articles saying, our National broadcasting channel. RTVS (Radio a Televízia Slovenska) will offer the Olympic games on both their channels RTVS 1 and RTVS 2 (yes, in Slovakia our public TV has only 2 channels ;))

Apparently they will present around 260 hours of the Olympics during the 2 Olympics weeks. In the first National channel (RTVS 1), Both Opening and Closing Ceremonies and as they announced "almost" all Ice Hockey matches, and in Channel 2 the all remaining finals (live and replays) in almost 24h per day coverage, Focusing primary on Slovak competing athletes (the most important actions -as they said -  like Kuzmina´s shooting, or our slaloms runs being immediately entered and showed in 1st channel), I guess the same if Slovak hockey team score the goal will be showed live also in the second channel. https://sport.pravda.sk/ostatne-sporty/clanok/455195-260-hodin-vysielania-rtvs-dianiu-v-pjongcangu-prisposobi-televiziu-i-rozhlas/

but still waiting for the official statement and schedule of our TV.

+ they will stream everything from the games on their website special platform

Today: Sharjah Tour, somewhere in some Arab desert (cycling)

Tomorrow: Sharjah Tour and Vuelta a San Juan (cycling), and of course the winter sports, alpine skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined etc :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not strictly sports related, but I’ve been qatching some Overwatch league lately (a video game competition). It’s a very slick and profetional production, and having played Overwatch I did not expect it to be as fun to watch as it is.

Also following the Australian Open on and off, but due to the timezone it’s the Grand Slam I pay the least attention to.

4 hours ago, Nate River said:

Not strictly sports related, but I’ve been qatching some Overwatch league lately (a video game competition). It’s a very slick and profetional production, and having played Overwatch I did not expect it to be as fun to watch as it is.

Also following the Australian Open on and off, but due to the timezone it’s the Grand Slam I pay the least attention to.

:thumbup: OWL is much better than I expected it to be! I've been watching it as well!