website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Four Continents Championships 2020

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Strong time yesterday by :KOR Kim Jun-Ho in the men's 500m (34,59).

Too bad most of the top skaters are missing, especially the best Americans despite this tournament being held there.

I'm also pretty surprised by two relatively unknown Kazakhs going under 6:20 :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm also pretty surprised by two relatively unknown Kazakhs going under 6:20 :yikes:

10 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Strong time yesterday by :KOR Kim Jun-Ho in the men's 500m (34,59).

Too bad most of the top skaters are missing, especially the best Americans despite this tournament being held there.

I don’t think Milwaukee is known for being a fast oval right? If so, those are in fact good times.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I was also surprised by this, although Kazakhstan is steadily climbing the ranks in pretty much all distances.

The great track in Nur-Sultan is slowly proving its worth, I guess. When you see the amount of skaters taking part in regional competitions in Kazakhstan, you'll see the number of athletes increasing every year. On the women's side you also have Morozova improving event after event. I'm curious to see how this will develop over the next years.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t think Milwaukee is known for being a fast oval right? If so, those are in fact good times.

It's not, which is why these times are at least somewhat surprising.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 hours ago, dcro said:

Btw, how often do you get to see something live from Wisconsin? :p

Pretty often? The Green Bay Packers are one of the most popular American Football teams. They also have NBA and an MLB teams in Milwaukee.

This is also the oval that hosted the 2018 US Olympic Trials.

43 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Pretty often? The Green Bay Packers are one of the most popular American Football teams. They also have NBA and an MLB teams in Milwaukee.

Yeah that stuff's when we're sleeping buddy.

Edited by heywoodu

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Go Bucks :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Some games start in prime time in Europe

I also think he actually meant international events instead of just those local things like NFL and NBA and whatnot :p