website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

11 minutes ago, call me matt said:

Don't forget FIS (skiing federation) regularly has their Congresses in June in places like Croatia, Greece, Cancun,... 

At least Croatia has regular FIS races every winter :d (and Greece does too, I believe)

But Cancun. Lol.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, don't kid yourself in thinking the old guys in the suits know that. They only see a free beach vacation with plenty of drinks and anything Phuket has to offer.

Well they’re being hosted by the Thailand Skating Federation, so it’s a nice bonus for the federation. I bet they make some money off of it (which is great for a developing winter sport nation).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At least Croatia has regular FIS races every winter :d (and Greece does too, I believe)

But Cancun. Lol.

But those races aren't in Dubrovnik, a luxury sea side city where only rich people can afford to stay (if everything is not booked by Beyonce and the likes) 

1 minute ago, call me matt said:

But those races aren't in Dubrovnik, a luxury sea side city where only rich people can afford to stay (if everything is not booked by Beyonce and the likes) 

Oh well, those governing suits like to look important in pretty places, making people believe they do it out of kindness or something. No, FIS officials don't care about the Mexican federation and ISU officials don't care about the Thai federation other than both of them being able to give them a nice beach resort with some good drinks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, call me matt said:

It's not that expensive though. :p

I stayed once for free. Not to mention how speaking Croatian can give you some handy discounts. :whistle:

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, dcro said:

It's not that expensive though. :p

I stayed once for free. Not to mention how speaking Croatian can give you some handy discounts. :whistle:

Well maybe that tells something about you ?

Just joking, but you have to admit when you think about luxury and expensive places in Croatia, you think about Dubrovnik (and Hvar) 

3 hours ago, call me matt said:

Well maybe that tells something about you ?

Just joking, but you have to admit when you think about luxury and expensive places in Croatia, you think about Dubrovnik (and Hvar) 

Yeah, they are definitely not cheap as far as hospitality industry is concerned. Dubrovnik's old town probably has some record prices in restaurants, but going there as a volunteer I luckily never had to experience that. :d

However, as places to live, Dubrovnik (and Hvar) are in most ways like any other city. They are not exclusive for millioners like Monte Carlo or something. :p

#banbestmen

Cancellation of The Championships 2020

It is with great regret that the Main Board of the All England Club (AELTC) and the Committee of Management of The Championships have today decided that The Championships 2020 will be cancelled due to public health concerns linked to the coronavirus epidemic. The 134th Championships will instead be staged from 28 June to 11 July 2021.