website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

FIDE Candidate Tournament has postponed.

And there goes the very last international thing still ging on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 13/03/2020 at 17:51, Monzanator said:

Of course month of May is the peak of IndyCar with Indianapolis 500 scheduled on the last Sunday of the month. Even the Spanish flu in 1918-19 didn't force Indy 500 to be held outside of May!

Well you shouldn't have said that, now we've got definitive proof COVID-19 is worse than the Spanish flu :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well you shouldn't have said that, now we've got definitive proof COVID-19 is worse than the Spanish flu :p 

Well, of course they didn't postpone it to September when the NFL season starts. Even that decision is highly tactical :p

It's obvious world has gotten incredibly soft over the last 100 years. Remove the internet and latte coffee and 90% of people below age 30 woud think it's the end of the world :lol:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Well, of course they didn't postpone it to September when the NFL season starts. Even that decision is highly tactical :p

It's obvious world has gotten incredibly soft over the last 100 years. Remove the internet and latte coffee and 90% of people below age 30 woud think it's the end of the world :lol:

And 90% of people over age 45 don't realize that the world would indeed be royally fucked if you suddenly remove internet :p Take away internet and on day one you're gonna have thousands of extra traffic deaths all over the world, for starters.

Anyway, of course they have to be tactical in when to move the Indy 500 to. It's their main event by a huge margin and it'd be outright dumb to go and hold it on an NFL sunday if that can - at least for now - in any way be avoided.

And 90% of people over age 45 don't realize that the world would indeed be royally fucked if you suddenly remove internet :p Take away internet and on day one you're gonna have thousands of extra traffic deaths all over the world, for starters.

Anyway, of course they have to be tactical in when to move the Indy 500 to. It's their main event by a huge margin and it'd be outright dumb to go and hold it on an NFL sunday if that can - at least for now - in any way be avoided.

The world has become too dependant on technology but that's not my problem. Spanish flu has claimed 50 million lives and the current world can't handle 10k COVID deaths. It's obvious no politician in the world was prepared for such a health crisis. We can talk about anything but the comfort bubble has been burst with a bang. Thankfully there is less politics in the media because of that. Nobody talks about equal, LGBT rights or Caster fucking Semenya. The cynic inside me is VERY happy :evil:

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The world has become too dependant on technology but that's not my problem. Spanish flu has claimed 50 million lives and the current world can't handle 10k COVID deaths. It's obvious no politician in the world was prepared for such a health crisis. We can talk about anything but the comfort bubble has been burst with a bang. Thankfully there is less politics in the media because of that. Nobody talks about equal, LGBT rights or Caster fucking Semenya. The cynic inside me is VERY happy :evil:

It's always cute when people think or suggest they are not dependent on technology or technology/internet suddenly being gone wouldn't be their problem.

It's always cute when people think or suggest they are not dependent on technology or technology/internet suddenly being gone wouldn't be their problem.

Better yet is when old people say “technology.” They do realize almost everything we’re doing to keep them alive is only possible because of technology right? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I had internet access banned for 10 years at my work because my boss wanted us to focus on the job rather than browsing internet. Then everyone had internet on the mobile phones anyway so the ban was lifted because it made no sense anymore. I actually don't even own a smartphone myself. How many of your friends can say that? :lol: