website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

Just now, Dunadan said:

Now provide a link to a study providing evidence that vaccination for measles or rubella would help in preventing an infection by this coronavirus (otherwise it's just another "fact" pulled out of your ass). And also explain why South Tyrol, the only area with a disastrously low vaccination rate, is not the most affected.

I'm entitled to a personal opinion so spare me the "evdience" talk. It's obviously mass hysteria down in Italy so nobody wants to hear about any evidence either :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm entitled to a personal opinion so spare me the "evdience" talk. It's obviously mass hysteria down in Italy so nobody wants to hear about any evidence either :whistle:

I’m pretty sure people do want to hear about evidence when talking about things like this. If you can’t provide evidence for the “cures” you claim, you’re no better than the Iranian minister who claimed people should shove cotton balls up their asses. 

There’s a huge difference between fact and opinion. You’re entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn’t go around telling people it’s the facts when you yourself can’t even prove it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, dharang said:

Would be interesting to see what Hungary will do. It is reported that the HU Gov is now deliberating about, among others, limiting or suspending sport events and the decision will be published in the coming hours.

It is said that indoor events with more than 100 spectators cannot go ahead - this means koniec for handball for example (either continue it without spectators or cancel it altogether like you did with hockey) - probaly the most watched indoor sport in Hungary.

Curious as to what happens with football - not so much for the spectators, as a lot a matches have -in football terms- very few spectators anyway :D

Wrestling olympic qualification?

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m pretty sure people do want to hear about evidence when talking about things like this. If you can’t provide evidence for the “cures” you claim, you’re no better than the Iranian minister who claimed people should shove cotton balls up their asses. 

There’s a huge difference between fact and opinion. You’re entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn’t go around telling people it’s the facts when you yourself can’t even prove it.

People don't want to hear about anything, they just want to cancel everything and hide in their basements hoping the coronavirus goes away. Classic mass hysteria BS. I don't have to prove anything about a health issue on a sports forum :bye: Plus mass hysteria swamping the world is one for psychology which doesn't really fit the sports criteria either. We've seen pandemic disease cause panic and throw common sense out of the window before. Good thing there was no TV and internet during the Spanish flu pandemic 100 years ago :p 

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would love to know which Iranian minister said that exactly ? a name please

I'm sure your know what the word "minister" means,

ps: any random person is not a minister in Iran

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I would love to know which Iranian minister said that exactly ? a name please

I'm sure your know what the word "minister" means,

ps: any random person is not a minister in Iran

Plus he forgot one has to drench the cotton bails in oil. Obviously. :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You can listen to mass hysteria morons of this world instead. They are talking loud enough :coffee:

"I have facts"

"Ok, tell them."

"No because nobody wants to listen, but I have facts!"

"I'm all ears, please share them."

"No, the morons are talking loud enough, I won't share anything!"

Ugh.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It's hardly "mass hysteria".

What do you expect? That people would just shrug it off because having a new deadly virus is something that happens every other week?

What's more concerning is WHO still refusing to call it pandemics, even though plenty of experts suggest we are already way past that point.

#banbestmen