website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF World Tour 2020

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

So if I got this right, only the top two in mixed doubles at the German Open are eligible to qualify to the Olympics.

Everything is a bit vague, but I think that's what the documents say...

Honestly, you have it easier following Olympic qualification. Try following World Games qualification. Only 6 out of like the 30 IFs have even posted qualification docs :facepalm:

Do you have any clue why they chose the German Open? It seems a bit random :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Honestly, you have it easier following Olympic qualification. Try following World Games qualification. Only 6 out of like the 30 IFs have even posted qualification docs :facepalm:

Do you have any clue why they chose the German Open? It seems a bit random :mumble:

The Qatar and Japan Open are also qualifying events. It looks like they just chose the first three platinum World Tour events

What criterion more poorly perfomed..

With China, Japan, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei...always in the middle.. which unclassified countries are going to get into the Final?

I wouldn't be surprised if no olympic place is awarded

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

So if I got this right, only the top two in mixed doubles at the German Open are eligible to qualify to the Olympics.

Everything is a bit vague, but I think that's what the documents say...

Are you sure ? so the 2 quotas would be moved to the world ranking then ?

41 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Are you sure ? so the 2 quotas would be moved to the world ranking then ?

I think so, looking at this document

"Winner and runner-up are directly qualified for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, provided all other eligibility requirements for the available quota are met according to the Qualification system."

I guess we'll know for sure if an "Olympic qualification" bracket is made because I suspect one (or both) finalist will be from nations already qualified.