website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2020

Totallympics

Very uninspiring start from our Youth.

Mikoliūnas has regressed a lot from what I remember of him last year. Dinda and Aleksandrovas do not look like they're going to be super good biathletes in the future either.

Knowing what the women are capable of, I think this age group is a miss for Lithuanian biathlon and we can only hope in what will come from the following two years. 2004-06 age group.

7 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Any streams for the races?  I can not find any info on the IBU website.

Normally it's just the sprints and pursuits that are streamed, so I'd wait a bit.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some of the bigger named junior men did not have the best of days.  Hartweg (SUI) 15th,  Cisar (SLO) 16th, and Bourgeois Republic (FRA) 65th.  Only one clean shoot on the day, and it went to Barchewitz of GER who won.  As an aside, does anyone know why Slettemark did not start Saurday's Youth Individual?

Edited by RobtheAggie

13 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Any streams for the races?  I can not find any info on the IBU website.

here is the live streaming of all races (only 3 fixed cameras, unfortunately)...

https://www.biathlon.fans/?utm_source=Livestream&utm_medium=Website lenzerheide2020.ch&utm_campaign=Website lenzerheide2020.ch

no idea if the sprints/pursuits will also have some real tv production...:mumble:

22 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Some of the bigger named junior men did not have the best of days.  Hartweg (SUI) 15th,  Cisar (SLO) 16th, and Bourgeois Republic (FRA) 65th.  Only one clean shoot on the day, and it went to Barchewitz of GER who won.  As an aside, does anyone know why Slettemark did not start Saurday's Youth Individual?

The Greenlandic Biathlon Federation writes in a press release:

"Ukaleq has been ill and without training since December 20. After exactly one month's illness, Ukaleq Slettemark has recovered so much that she has started training again. It has been the worst possible preparation for the Youth WCHs. The decision is that Ukaleq goes to the championships without having any expectations of top results. She will most likely not start in the first competition, the individual on Sunday, January 26".

The information is from this article:

https://sermitsiaq.ag/node/218882