website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Uniforms

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Call me when skateboarders start wearing sports clothes :p 

Curious, what are “sports clothes”? Really anything can be athletic wear. I ran a race in my school polo once since I forgot my running top. It was actually comfortable, and I often trained in my polo after that.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kenyans not wearing green/red/black in some form, the Croatians not wearing some sort of checkers, the Dutch not wearing orange in some form, no green/yellow/blue (or at least two of them) for Brazil, no red for Norway...now that'd be boring. Consistency is key, at least the Kenyans understood that - even with a completely different design.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Kenyans not wearing green/red/black in some form, the Croatians not wearing some sort of checkers, the Dutch not wearing orange in some form, no green/yellow/blue (or at least two of them) for Brazil, no red for Norway...now that'd be boring. Consistency is key, at least the Kenyans understood that - even with a completely different design.

It sounds like the athletes like it, and it’s a design that better fits Kenya’s culture. The uniform is still red, black, green...just not in the traditional format.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It sounds like the athletes like it, and it’s a design that better fits Kenya’s culture. The uniform is still red, black, green...just not in the traditional format.

Bees are a major part of Kenyan culture? :yikes: 

Interesting.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Bees are a major part of Kenyan culture? :yikes: 

Interesting.

No, but that design mirrors much of neo-African fashion. It shows that Kenya is much more modern (at least in the cities) than people believe.

On 05/02/2020 at 21:24, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s another look at the Brazilian, American, and French uniforms for Skateboard. I honestly quite like these, but I’ll probably be in the minority as always.

Little bit of background on them: https://nylon.com/nike-2020-olympic-skateboard-uniform

What do you guys think @bmo @Bohemia @vinipereira @thiago_simoes @Rdbc @Benolympique

I hate them.