website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF Team World Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

There's absolutely no way that we will beat Sweden today. Just the fact that we are playing today is huge. No sure if a Hungarian men's table tennis team was ever so close to the Olympics. 

Edited by Vektor

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

oh wow that's even better, Mongolia :d it seems if Korea and Hong Kong qualify only Macau and Mongolia are left in East Asia and since Macau is not eligible. that's free quota for Mongolia :d unless ATTU has a rule about not giving free quotas to regions with less than 2 countries !!

I can't see anything on ATTU website about how they will determine those 6 Asian quotas but one of our guys attending ATTU meeting told the news that it will be 1 for each region + 1 quota for the best Asian players in the WR.

Funny that the system designed to prevent East Asia from hoarding all the Asian quotas ended up helping it

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Funny that the system designed to prevent East Asia from hoarding all the Asian quotas ended up helping it

yeah it seems so, but once again there is nothing in ATTU website about it, even though my source was Iran TT federation General secretary and it can't be wrong but still it doesn't make sense to give free quotas to a region with only 1 country !! even though if I'm not wrong in previous years no other South Asian countries participated to challenge India, so it seems they have no problem with 3 or 4 players from 1 country battling for that only spot !

and I think this way North Korea is also guaranteed a male player if TPE and HKG qualify too.

Just now, MHSN said:

yeah it seems so, but once again there is nothing in ATTU website about it, even though my source was Iran TT federation General secretary and it can't be wrong but still it doesn't make sense to give free quotas to a region with only 1 country !! even though if I'm not wrong in previous years no other South Asian countries participated to challenge India, so it seems they have no problem with 3 or 4 players from 1 country battling for that only spot !

and I think this way North Korea is also guaranteed a male player if TPE and HKG qualify too.

North American qualifier will turn out to be Canada vs Canada, so I think Mongolia is fine too.

#banbestmen

Technically there are other nations in North America, but just like India in previous years for South Asia no one else competed.

I think Mongolia is fine. The nations that would complain (Thailand, India, Kazakhstan, maybe Malaysia and Uzbekistan) aren't big enough in table tennis to cause a stir. At the very least, West Asia may even support Mongolia in fear that they may completely remove the regional quotas.

Mongolia's top woman is ranked 283 and thus would likely be the lowest ranked athlete in the field (though a few others would be in the 200s).