website statistics

Israel National Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

3 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Wasnt the guy in short track considered a medal favorite ?

Kind of. He had chance at winning a medal, but had a terrible set of races during the games. I think the pressure got to him. He’s rather old, so we’ll see if he’s still around in Beijing. Hopefully he’ll teach a few youngsters when he’s done racing.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Wasnt the guy in short track considered a medal favorite ?

Mostly considered to be one of the (many) skaters with a chance for a medal, but 'medal favorite' is a level or two too high :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/05/2016 at 09:51, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Still to Come

Not much left in terms of athletes who still might Qualify.

Judo will produce 7 or 8 more (Or Sasoon, Sagi Muki, Golan Pollack, Linda Bolder, Yarden Jerbi, Gili Cohen and currently Shira Rishony have the continental quota that still might go to Artem Arshansky if she can get into the top 14 which she is close to because she is just 44 points behind)

Rowing -  Dani Fridman have the Continental Event in the end of the month and might make the quota in Men Singles

Triathlon - Ron Darmon will make the cut in the official rankings out next week

Golf - Leticia Beck will probably be in the field for Women's Golf

Cycling Road- Shani Bloh is at the edge of the ranking list

Cycling Mountain Bike - Shlomi Heimy is well within the quota and is close of getting one quota place for israel

Tennis - Dudi Sela is also right at the edge

@Maxim Fastovsky do you got any clue who is “still to come” in this Olympic Games?

3 hours ago, Dnl said:

@Maxim Fastovsky do you got any clue who is “still to come” in this Olympic Games?

to be honest, i'm not so sure, i really stopped following in the past 6 months between million things i have going on right now and the fact that i'm not sure if the olympics are even going to happen. Judo, Maybe sailing? maybe fencing? Misha Zilberman in badminton. We qualified the main ones , maybe we'll be able to get one or 2 more in track and swimming (hanna knyazeva minenko?)

9 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

to be honest, i'm not so sure, i really stopped following in the past 6 months between million things i have going on right now and the fact that i'm not sure if the olympics are even going to happen. Judo, Maybe sailing? maybe fencing? Misha Zilberman in badminton. We qualified the main ones , maybe we'll be able to get one or 2 more in track and swimming (hanna knyazeva minenko?)

Everywhere I’ve looked no one really made a list like this so it’s hard to follow, I saw someone that wrote that we can expect a delegation of about 85+ athletes but in what..., well thanks anyway , I’ll try to update the list if I can find info , and again if anyone else can help (winter and summer games) to make a list it would be much appreciate.