website statistics

Surfing 2020 Dicussion Thread

Laraja

• 3 months later...

Today's announcement from WSL

Erik Logan has announced several things about the surfing events for this and the next year.

- WSL events posponed until June

- Oi Rio Pro scheduled to June, was postponed

- A new competition format to next year, called "Surf off"

- Surfers from CT who fail to qualify to the next year, they will be a new chance.

- Regional events to improve the competition worldwide and cut the costs in travels from surfers.

9 hours ago, Laraja said:

Today's announcement from WSL

Erik Logan has announced several things about the surfing events for this and the next year.

- WSL events posponed until June

- Oi Rio Pro scheduled to June, was postponed

- A new competition format to next year, called "Surf off"

- Surfers from CT who fail to qualify to the next year, they will be a new chance.

- Regional events to improve the competition worldwide and cut the costs in travels from surfers.

What about the Gold Coast qualification for the Championship Tour between Medina, Morais and Fioravanti?

13 horas atrás, Gianlu33 disse:

What about the Gold Coast qualification for the Championship Tour between Medina, Morais and Fioravanti?

I didn't get it, buddy.

Are you talking about that intern competition for the last wildcard?

As far as I know, this competition would be on the "Australian leg" (3 events). Between Wright and Fioravanti only. Likely, they have no idea what to do about it right now. I believe that after all of it, they will let both surfers participate at all events.

The stage in Gold Coast was cancelled. Bells, Margaret, G-Land and Saquarema were postponed.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Since this was double elimination, the Argentinian advanced to the gold medal match, while Perez “won” bronze.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

But Argentina  finished 4th?

it was :ARG Muniz (Repechage Round #5 - Heat #29 loser) who finished 4th...

:ARG Usuna instead advanced to the GM match after beating first :ARG Muniz and then in the following round :ESA Perez, who ended up in 3rd place (then :ARG Usuna lost to :PER Mesinas in the final and won the Silver medal, while the man from :PER won Gold)...

yeah, the double elimination format can be quite complicated at first sight...:facepalm:

56 minutes ago, phelps said:

it was :ARG Muniz (Repechage Round #5 - Heat #29 loser) who finished 4th...

:ARG Usuna instead advanced to the GM match after beating first :ARG Muniz and then in the following round :ESA Perez, who ended up in 3rd place (then :ARG Usuna lost to :PER Mesinas in the final and won the Silver medal, while the man from :PER won Gold)...

yeah, the double elimination format can be quite complicated at first sight...:facepalm:

I totally forget this was one of the events 2 athletes can compete, so I didn't even bother to check the name. Totally confusing lo

• 2 months later...