website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2020

Totallympics

Well, qualifying started today with a big surprise: Germany wins 3:1 against Turkey. Well, not a 'big' big surprise, because of the likes of Louisa Lippmann. She is a wonderful player and decided the match almost alone. 

Netherlands struggled through the first match against :AZE , but eventually they won 3:0. Hopefully Sloetjes will find her form back, otherwise it will be difficult against the better opponents.

9 minutes ago, CCB said:

Netherlands struggled through the first match against :AZE , but eventually they won 3:0. Hopefully Sloetjes will find her form back, otherwise it will be difficult against the better opponents.

Hopefully not and the battle between two opposites of Scandicci (although one playing on left-wing in NT) will finish with white-red victory. ;)

Op 7-1-2020 om 21:41, Vojthas zei:

Hopefully not and the battle between two opposites of Scandicci (although one playing on left-wing in NT) will finish with white-red victory. ;)

Sloetjes won't be back in time, today she didn't play at all, because she was sick. But Meijners on her position was pretty good today! 3:0 against :BUL 

Tomorrow the big clash against Poland!

5 minuten geleden, rybak zei:

Very important match against :NED and our girls wins it, good job :) 

Poland played very impressive! For me they are now the biggest favourites to win this. Too much power and a wonderful setter.

But, don't count out Turkey. 

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

Very important match against :NED and our girls wins it, good job :) 

Was the match really that important? I mean, it doesn't really matter, who'll qualify as first and who as runner up after all. But I can see that it might be another confidence boost for Poland, especially as Netherlands certainly didn't want to lose the match in front of the home crowd.

8 minuten geleden, Jinzha zei:

Excited for the semi finals tomorrow, I'll be there live to cheer the Dutch one step closer to the Olympics!

Have fun Jinzha!

I was there wednesday, when :NED played against :BUL . You have to cheer loudly, because half of the audience is only clapping their hands when the speaker says to do so. Very annoying to be among fake supporters.

It will be hard for Netherlands to grab that last Olympic ticket. All other semifinalists proved to be very strong.