website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, TomJa said:

At the beginning of the year, when I read the statement of the coach of the team and the president of the association, I rubbed my eyes in amazement at what their optimism beat. And today I see that Polish judo is again beginning to mean something internationally.

they realy showed that if you put your mind into somthing and have the will to do so you can achive and they truely deserved it today :clap:

4 minuty temu, Dnl napisał:

they realy showed that if you put your mind into somthing and have the will to do so you can achive and they truely deserved it today :clap:

It is known that one big tournament is optimistic, but I do not want to blow a balloon too much, because there will be a discussion in my country that Polish judokas must bring a bag of medals from the Olympic Games.

1 minute ago, TomJa said:

It is known that one big tournament is optimistic, but I do not want to blow a balloon too much, because there will be a discussion in my country that Polish judokas must bring a bag of medals from the Olympic Games.

well this is how it's going on in israel and so far i am not sure if the big eco around our judo team is for the worse a lot of time it is a chance for sponsers and fame that bring the young in to the sport which i found good thing but yes it is also a lot of stress and expectations

The Dutch head coach has said it's 'most likely the end of her Olympic hopes' (Savelkouls), although it's still not clear exactly what the extent of her injury is. Henk Grol said he mostly just hopes she'll be able to walk normal after this, the team is rather shocked after that horror injury.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The Dutch head coach has said it's 'most likely the end of her Olympic hopes' (Savelkouls), although it's still not clear exactly what the extent of her injury is. Henk Grol said he mostly just hopes she'll be able to walk normal after this, the team is rather shocked after that horror injury.

this is so sad to hear.. all is left for us for the sake of sport and athleats all around is to hope she will get better and this small chance of going to the olympics will come true she has my prayers!

14 godzin temu, Dnl napisał:

well this is how it's going on in israel and so far i am not sure if the big eco around our judo team is for the worse a lot of time it is a chance for sponsers and fame that bring the young in to the sport which i found good thing but yes it is also a lot of stress and expectations

That is why I prefer not to expect great results, I prefer to be surprised by a good place or medal at the Olympic Games. Already four years ago they were to be the landmark Games, and it came out as usual.

25 minutes ago, TomJa said:

That is why I prefer not to expect great results, I prefer to be surprised by a good place or medal at the Olympic Games. Already four years ago they were to be the landmark Games, and it came out as usual.

Polish judokas have underperformed greatly over the past 5 Olympics. Zagrodnik got screwed in London outright but other than that Krawczyk was what, 8 seconds from the final in Athens before a complete brain freeze and Katarzyna Kłys could never find her mojo when it really mattered. I never had much faith in Wilkomirski to begin with but it has to be said judo is probably the biggest Polish disappointement among Olympic sports in the XXI century (along with boxing but everyone wants to go pro there so the expectations are much lower).

• 2 weeks later...

2020 Grand Slam (Paris, FRA)

Tournament Recap

Paris GS tournament is always the most star-filled event of the year...and this season it made no exception...

So, we have among the winners a lot of world and Olympic champions and medallists, with Europe keeping up with the mighty Asians, even more than expected (actually, we only have Asian domination in the men's low weight classes and 1 single win in the whole women's division)...

but the real shocking news of the week is certainly :FRA Teddy Riner's first loss since 9 years and 154+ bouts...:yikes:

despite that, :FRA France were still the dominating force in the home tournament, with their women capable of winning 3 Gold Medals...

only :JPN Japan could win the same amount of Gold Medals, thanks to their lightweights men and to Yoko Ono in the womnen's -63kg...

here are this year's Paris Grand Slam tournament Champions:

women
-48kg: :UKR Daria Bilodid
-52kg: :KOS Distria Krasniqi
-57kg: :CAN Christa Deguchi
-63kg: :FRA Clarisse Agbegnenou
-70kg: :JPN Yoko Ono
-78kg: :FRA Madeleine Malonga
+78kg: :FRA Romane Dicko

men
-60kg: :JPN Ryuju Nagayama
-66kg: :KOR An Baul
-73kg: :JPN Soichi Hashimoto
-81kg: :BEL Matthias Casse
-90kg: :ESP Nikoloz Sherazadishvili
-100kg: :ISR Peter Paltchik
+100kg: :NED Henk Grol

Full Results

http://www.ippon.org/gs_fra2020.php

Day #1 Medal Session Replay

Day #2 Medal Session Replay

2020 Grand Slam (Düsseldorf, GER)

Day #1 Recap

:JPN Japan entered this week's tournament with a very strong team, featuring some of their best fighters, who are going to represent their team in Tokyo...

and this immediately evident when we look at day #1's results, where 3 out of 5 contested weight classes were won by a Japanese Judo player...

the 2 men's titles up for grabs in yesterday's schedule, in fact, went to :JPN Naohisa Takato (-60kg) and :JPN Hifumi Abe (-66kg), meanwhile in the women's division :JPN Uta Abe (Hifumi's sister, -52kg) completed the Japanese bonanza...

the remaining 2 women's Gold Medals instead went to :FRA France (Shirine Boukli, -48kg) and :CAN Canada (Jessica Klimkait, -57kg)...

Full Results

http://www.ippon.org/gs_ger2020.php

Day #1 Medal Session Replay

2020 Grand Slam (Düsseldorf, GER)

Day #2 Recap

:JPN Japan's domination was expected...and :JPN Japan's domination actually happened...

Today the Judo players from the Country of the Rising Sun won 3 out of 4 contested weight categories: both women's events thanks to Miku Tashiro (-63kg) and Chizuru Arai (-70kg) and the men's -73kg thanks to the amazing Shoei Ono...

the only Gold Medal not won by a Japanese athlete went to :GEO Georgia, thanks to Tato Grigalashivili, who was capable of taking the men's -81kg class trophy home for his Nation...

Full Results

http://www.ippon.org/gs_ger2020.php

Day #2 Medal Session Replay

p.s. @MHSN the "new Mongolian" :MGL Saeid Mollaei today ended up in 7th place, losing to :RUS Khasan Khalmurzaev in the quarterfinals and to :NED Frank De Wit in the repechage round...:mumble: