website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2020

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

The organising committee of the Doha Artistic Gymnastics Individual Apparatus World Cup has informed that the event will be held behind closed doors.

In addition, as of today, all travellers, regardless of their nationality arriving at Doha International Airport from China, South Korea, Egypt, Iran or Italy, have to undergo a 14-day health quarantine procedure in Qatar, before entering the country.

https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/news/displaynews.php?idNews=2827

The World Cup in Doha is going to be held from March 18-21, so with the 14-day quarantine period, it seems no gymnasts from China, South Korea, Egypt, Iran or Italy will be allowed to compete.

Edited by Wumo

5 minutes ago, Wumo said:

The organising committee of the Doha Artistic Gymnastics Individual Apparatus World Cup has informed that the event will be held behind closed doors.

In addition, as of today, all travellers, regardless of their nationality arriving at Doha International Airport from China, South Korea, Egypt, Iran or Italy, have to undergo a 14-day health quarantine procedure in Qatar, before entering the country.

The World Cup in Doha is going to be held from March 18-21, so with the 14-day quarantine period, it means no gymnasts from China, South Korea, Egypt, Iran or Italy will be allowed to compete.

Chinese gymnasts who are going to compete this stage arrived in Doha at the end Feb. They lost the opportunity to compete in Melbourne due to the travel ban, so this time they planed very early. And they will continue training there to prepare the last one Baku stage.

12 minutes ago, Wumo said:

The World Cup in Doha is going to be held from March 18-21, so with the 14-day quarantine period, it means no gymnasts from China, South Korea, Egypt, Iran or Italy will be allowed to compete.

Italian gymnasts should be in Australia in this days... They will be allowed to compete, i guess.

Not a good start for the all-around world cup series, unfortunately. Mostly unimpressive performances today. Hurd was solid, but far from her best form, and I'm really not impressed with DiCielo (as expected she was terribly overscored). Hatakeda hit her routines, but 53.8 is nothing to write home about. Even Hurd scoring 55.832 is nothing spectacular, really. She would have placed 7th last year at the world championships and I believe 57 will be the threshold for a medal in Tokyo. Gadirova has lots of potential and she would have earned the bronze medal if she did not have to count a fall. She's very promising. Everybody else is just meh. Biles, Lee, Andrade, Xijing and two Russians (among Listunova, Urazova and Melnikova) are capable of scoring higher than what Hurd scored today. And what happened to Villa? The girl looks exhausted in her first competition this year. Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Not a good start for the all-around world cup series, unfortunately. Mostly unimpressive performances today. Hurd was solid, but far from her best form, and I'm really not impressed with DiCielo (as expected she was terribly overscored). Hatakeda hit her routines, but 53.8 is nothing to write home about. Even Hurd scoring 55.832 is nothing spectacular, really. She would have placed 7th last year at the world championships and I believe 57 will be the threshold for a medal in Tokyo. Gadirova has lots of potential and she would have earned the bronze medal if she did not have to count a fall. She's very promising. Everybody else is just meh. Biles, Lee, Andrade, Xijing and two Russians (among Listunova, Urazova and Melnikova) are capable of scoring higher than what Hurd scored today. And what happened to Villa? The girl looks exhausted in her first competition this year. Unbelievable.

Total disaster today. Poor performance of the players and the terrible equipment of the uneven bars. The uneven bars may cause serious injury of the athletes, can't imagine it happen on World Cup series USA stage. The Chinese athlete Zhang Jin is even worse beyond my imagination and she will not appear in Tokyo for sure now.

18 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

it was not her first competition of the year...the Italian girls already appeared in 2/3 stages of the Italian team championship (and Villa was already very good -showing also new exercises at balance beam and uneven bars- in the 1st stage of that competition about 1 month ago)...

so, I don't really know why she wasn't competitive today (on the Italian press they say she was tired because of the long flight to Milwaukee and that she didn't recover the jet lag...most likely she's paying the prize for all the restrictions related to the coronavirus...all of our gymnasts come from Lombardy, which is the the center of the troubles we're experiencing right now with that damned virus...just in these hours our government is preparing a new law declaring the entire Region "closed down" and quarantined...full red zone, which means that probably Villa won't even be allowed to comeback home for quite a while, should they really approve such a draconian measure :mumble: :facepalm:)...

since there is nothing else to follow

FIG World Cup in Baku, qualification results

https://agf.az/ups/files/competitions/206/qualchf_day_2_mag_&_wag.pdf

https://agf.az/ups/files/competitions/206/qualchf_day_1_mag_&_wag_.pdf

@Vic Liu China is leading in ranking in some men's events, but only 1 quota is available for each country, do you know which one is supposed to qualify ? even though I'm not sure if that's China NOC's decision or the gymnast with the highest score will qualify automatically. Liu Yang (rings) and Weng Hao (pammel horse) already have max 90pts and You Hao (Parallel) can join them too.

folks in Iran apparently don't know China and Japan still can qualify individuals despite having a team qualified earlier ,so they report if Keikha wins the gold he will qualify which is wrong, it's mostly up to China and Japan and not Keikha himself.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

since there is nothing else to follow

FIG World Cup in Baku, qualification results

https://agf.az/ups/files/competitions/206/qualchf_day_2_mag_&_wag.pdf

https://agf.az/ups/files/competitions/206/qualchf_day_1_mag_&_wag_.pdf

@Vic Liu China is leading in ranking in some men's events, but only 1 quota is available for each country, do you know which one is supposed to qualify ? even though I'm not sure if that's China NOC's decision or the gymnast with the highest score will qualify automatically. Liu Yang (rings) and Weng Hao (pammel horse) already have max 90pts and You Hao (Parallel) can join them too.

folks in Iran apparently don't know China and Japan still can qualify individuals despite having a team qualified earlier ,so they report if Keikha wins the gold he will qualify which is wrong, it's mostly up to China and Japan and not Keikha himself.

I know this matter very clear. 99% Liu Yang of the ring will qualify and the tomorrow's result will make it 100%. The other two Chinese athletes can't directly qualify through this individual world cup ranking system, but one of them may be assigned by the other quota.

Keikha has a great chance. His rival is not Chinese but Japanese. If he wins the gold, he will earn 30 points and total 80 points with a tie to Japanese athlete who is not on the list of this stage. There is tie break rule to compare their average score of 3 highest stages. But it's supposed to be temporary, there still comes another stage (if it will be held). In my memory that Japanese will not participate the last stage. That means Keikha has one more chance to surpass him.

Edit: Though Wen Hao may not win the quota, if he wins the gold tomorrow, he will get 30 pts. If so, Keikha can not surpass the Japanese even can't share a tie.

Edited by Vic Liu