website statistics

Men's Volleyball CEV European Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Women's handball was the biggest disappointment for me. Whatever happens in Volleyball, it won't come close to that disappointment unless they waste ten match points or something like that. Our Handball women really had the big chance and let it slip out of their hand. Both Volleyball teams on the other hand were and still are outsiders in a very strong tournament and played very well.

Personally i want to see german teams qualified in as many team sports as possible, so i would prefer Germany qualifiying in men's handball and women's volleyball for example over Germany qualifying in men's handball and women's handball, but not in volleyball. By far the most important thing for me would be to see the men's basketball team qualified. I would be very happy if that would happen, even if Germany would fail to qualify any other team.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 10 minutos, OlympicsFan dijo:

I have no clue about volleyball but i think that is too easy of an explanation. Didn't he also play at the 2016 olympics where Germany didn't do anything? He would have to be by far the best player in the world to turn a bad team into a medal contender. I think it is more likely that Germany has had some great coaches recently (Heynen, Giani).

Yes, but they barely lost in the 5th set of the final match to Poland IIRC. 

The difference in performance when he is in vs when he doesn't is atonishing. He played European championship 2017 and Germany won a medal out of nowhere. Then he didn't play WCh qualification and Germany failed to qualify. Last euro in 2019 he didn't play and Germany even lost to teams like Spain... 

All of this coached by Giani.

Edited by LDOG