website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Other Norwegians and French could step up :lol:

Perhaps Dale becomes very strong during the off-season and Quentin for France, perhaps Jacquelin if he gets a bit more consistent.

Germany is slightly washed up. Peiffer is not going to do anything at his age, Doll and Kuehn are a coinflip, so not going to be overall contenders and it doesn't seem like Schempp is ever going back to his best.

Tarjei won't be able to challenge his brother, he's like Simon was to Martin, just a bit more consistent, but never better than his bro.

Not expecting any miracles from Russia either and Austria is full of old men.

Leitner and Seppala look like the most talented youngsters that are not from the big 4 countries, but they still need 2 years of experience at least to really climb up the ranks. 

Perhaps Samuelsson can pick himself back up and Cisar should be debuting next year with the grown-ups, so we'll see what he can do. 

On 13/03/2020 at 20:44, Werloc said:

Perhaps Dale becomes very strong during the off-season

The amount of talent Norway has coming up in their early 20's is not normal and Dale is already at the head of that. Endre Strømsheim, Aleksander Fjeld Andersen, Sivert Guttorm Bakken, Sindre Pettersen, Sturla Holm Lægreid, it never ends :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Werloc said:

:BUL Krasimir Anev (biathlon) shows up in the retired section. 

Perhaps @Federer91 can confirm this?

Anev threatened to retire so many times in the last 8 years, that i have lost the count.

Because of the post in his facebook "The End" :p 

In an interview, when returning yesterday, he said it was only for ending the biathlon season. And that now, people's thoughts should be for other things and not for sports. 

I would take him off this thread for now. ;)

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Anev threatened to retire so many times in the last 8 years, that i have lost the count.

Because of the post in his facebook "The End" :p 

In an interview, when returning yesterday, he said it was only for ending the biathlon season. And that now, people's thoughts should be for other things and not for sports. 

I would take him off this thread for now. ;)

To put this eloquently, biathletes from smaller nations retire 5 times or more, whilst biathletes from bigger nations retire only once :p

As a Lithuanian, I can't explain how relatable the feeling of losing count of how many times your athlete retires is. 

39 minutes ago, Werloc said:

To put this eloquently, biathletes from smaller nations retire 5 times or more

Four times to go for @brunamoura

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, Werloc said:

To put this eloquently, biathletes from smaller nations retire 5 times or more, whilst biathletes from bigger nations retire only once :p

As a Lithuanian, I can't explain how relatable the feeling of losing count of how many times your athlete retires is. 

Magdalena Gwizdon must have missed that memo. She will outlast them all :p